Neil Taylor

One For The Road

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Wtf were u watching ? He bossed alioski all night and if he didn't go full blooded into jansson in that tackle the ball wouldn't of broke for the goal. Taylor was brilliant tonight.

I am not criticising his effort but that is the third game in a row I have seen him give the ball away time and time again with nothing balls into the channels, sometimes not even clearing our own half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I am not criticising his effort but that is the third game in a row I have seen him give the ball away time and time again with nothing balls into the channels, sometimes not even clearing our own half.

You don't have many options when fellas aren't showing for it to be fair. It's nitpicking if you honestly think he was one of the bad one's tonight. Onomah awful.  Hourihane not much better.

This guy was great tonight. Solid in the tackle and had Alioski in his pocket to the point he switched wings most of the second half. Aimed a couple of loose passes and had that one decent chance to put a cross in that went over the bar but defensively he was rock solid. 

I think it's fair to say that the Coleman challenge hasn't deterred him from putting a tackle in!

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Giving him the ball is an utter waste of time.

I've noticed a pattern when receiving the ball - he's number one plan is to pass it on to Johnstone to boot up the field. Seems to be doing it more and more each game. Is it a lack of confidence? or lack of options ahead of him? Maybe an instruction from the manager?

Just now, Junxs said:

I've noticed a pattern when receiving the ball - he's number one plan is to pass it on to Johnstone to boot up the field. Seems to be doing it more and more each game. Is it a lack of confidence? or lack of options ahead of him? Maybe an instruction from the manager?

Just isn't a very capable footballer, usually solid but in games like today against teams that set up like that, you need more from wide areas. 

He's rubbish really.

He's the most old school defender ever. He's fine defending. Which I guess is his number one job. But going forward he is awful. His passing is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Said it in the Bruce thread, but having two fullbacks who can't deliver a final ball to save their lives limits us severely in games where we're forced to play it wide more. 

When Hutton or taylor gets the ball in the opposition half we may as well run back to our half and start defending.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

I wouldn't mind so much if he booted it up the field, but most of the time he just seems to pass it perfectly to the feet of an opponent. 

EDIT sorry just reread your post and realised it's Johnstone doing the booting, though my comments still apply. 

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's rubbish really.

He's the most old school defender ever. He's fine defending. Which I guess is his number one job. But going forward he is awful. His passing is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Said it in the Bruce thread, but having two fullbacks who can't deliver a final ball to save their lives limits us severely in games where we're forced to play it wide more. 

When Hutton or taylor gets the ball in the opposition half we may as well run back to our half and start defending.

I'm not convinced he's that good at defending either. 

Alongside giving the ball away just about everytime he kicks it he fails to make tackles time after time. 

The very worst example was yesterday when (once again) the ball broke down for us on the edge of their area and their wide man was about to spring forward into acres of space. 

Taylor had to make a bog standard sliding tackle to wipe out man and ball and somehow completely failed to get near him leaving him scampering down the wing with 1/4 of the pitch entirely to himself. 

Shocking. 

Hutton played really well there and we have what 3 other right backs to choose from to replace him on the right? 

Taylor is a complete liability for me. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I'm not convinced he's that good at defending either. 

Alongside giving the ball away just about everytime he kicks it he fails to make tackles time after time. 

The very worst example was yesterday when (once again) the ball broke down for us on the edge of their area and their wide man was about to spring forward into acres of space. 

Taylor had to make a bog standard sliding tackle to wipe out man and ball and somehow completely failed to get near him leaving him scampering down the wing with 1/4 of the pitch entirely to himself. 

Shocking. 

Hutton played really well there and we have what 3 other right backs to choose from to replace him on the right? 

Taylor is a complete liability for me. 

Yes I noticed that a few times yesterday as well. Seemed like a total lack of commitment.

Which, to be fair to taylor, is not something you can usually accuse him of. If anything it's the opposite.

But yesterday there were a number of times where he needed to be strong in the tackle and he was very weak.

Â