Neil Taylor

One For The Road

36 minutes ago, Kingman said:

May well throw up another star from the you team. Davis took his chance through first team injuries so hopefully we have the LB equivalent waiting to make the step up. 

Out of interest who is the U23 LB and is he ready?..  

I think it's Oscar Borg, who I think played in one of the pre-season games. Would be a big step up for him no matter how promising.

My main options would be Richie de Laet, who has played there for Middlesbrough or Jacob Bedeau, who has played there at times for the U23s and reportedly done well.

Maybe we will look back on this as the moment De Laet made LB his own?

Edited by briny_ear

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I think it's Oscar Borg, who I think played in one of the pre-season games. Would be a big step up for him no matter how promising.

My main options would be Richie de Laet, who has played there for Middlesbrough or Jacob Bedeau, who has played there at times for the U23s and reportedly done well.

Other options would be bjarnasson or hutton - I think I’d go with de laet or bjarnnasson 

RDL, if he's fit, by default for me. Not being Hutton is good enough at this point. Bedeau is the one Bruce signing we haven't really seen eh. If he's a centre back who can play left back I'd be inclined to play RDL. Bjarnason wouldn't inspire any of us with confidence. Others have said it's probably a step too far for Oscar Borg but I've never seen the lad. If @sir_gary_cahill doesn't think he's amazing though..........

Even though it's far from ideal. I can't help thinking Amavi wouldn't be much use anyway and Cissokho would be a liability so it's no great shakes that they aren't here.

Still, it's a shame we went into the season with Bacuna, Hutton, RDL and Bjarnason as our possible back up LB options. Actually it's madness.

He's going to play Hutton isn't he.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Mitchell Clark played there against Wigan  in the cup and had a good game

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Mitchell Clark played there against Wigan  in the cup and had a good game

He is naturally a centre back that can fill in at right back adequately, I doubt we'll see him at left back again, he's a great talent 

• Like 3

Mail reporting our appeal been rejected. To be honest it was a bit harsh but no way were they going to over turn that. It was a stupid and needless tackle from Taylor. He has let us down badly at the worst possible time.

On 10/5/2017 at 19:00, rodders0223 said:

I still don't think it was a red but I knew there was no chance they would rule against the referee in this case.

Nice one ref, you word removed.

He has a rep now...

On 05/10/2017 at 08:06, Demitri_C said:

Mail reporting our appeal been rejected. To be honest it was a bit harsh but no way were they going to over turn that. It was a stupid and needless tackle from Taylor. He has let us down badly at the worst possible time.

Yes, Taylor was stupid in making that challenge but, us going into the next three games with seemingly no left back cover is the fault of the manager and not Taylor. 

One thing I do not want to see or hear after these three games is that losing Taylor cost us dearly. A good manager has cover for all positions and Bruce has to take ownership of that. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, villarocker said:

Yes, Taylor was stupid in making that challenge but, us going into the next three games with seemingly no left back cover is the fault of the manager and not Taylor. 

One thing I do not want to see or hear after these three games is that losing Taylor cost us dearly. A good manager has cover for all positions and Bruce has to take ownership of that. 

He won’t get blamed for it by some.   He’s a permanent victim of the players.  Of course both your comment and mine probably belong in the Bruce thread.  

Â