Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

One of them would fit in, and it aint Amavi.

I agree Amavi POSSIBLY has the potential to be better than Taylor. But he's a long long way off realising it.

Based on current ability, Neil Taylor is a far better player.

Fair enough. I completely disagree.

52 minutes ago, Dick said:

At this moment in time, all Amavi has over Taylor is ball skills.

Amavi is a much better player overall. More skillful, far better offensively, a better cross and is more dynamic and creative. Taylor might be slightly more solid defensively but I think Amavi is better in that area than people give him credit for.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I saw amavi vs monaco few weeks back. Monaco a top team but he was defensively so bad that you can tell he wont make for a top team

I didn't see the game but he was named man of the match in his last game which was the first time he's played a full 90 mins this season.

Who Scored have got 'Defensive Contribution' listed as a strength for him along with Tackling, Aerial Duels, Dribbling and Ball Interception. No weaknesses.

Taylor's only strength is Blocking the Ball. Tackling and Aerial Duels listed as weaknesses.

Edited by Michael118

Amavi was below average in virtually every game he played for us last season. Defensively he was awful and despite his much vaunted 'skills' on the ball he offered nothing going forward, his crossing is poor, especially when under pressure. Taylor is far more solid defensively.

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Who Scored have got 'Defensive Contribution' listed as a strength for him along with Tackling, Aerial Duels, Dribbling and Ball Interception. No weaknesses.

Taylor's only strength is Blocking the Ball. Tackling and Aerial Duels listed as weaknesses.

So really, all you need as evidence to believe or form an opinion, is to have it written down on glossy paper in an annual? 

Whilst I actually think Amavi will turn into a very decent player, what you just posted is absolutely pointless and almost mock-worthy.

It's obvious to me that for us, Taylor has performed better than Amavi did, particularly last season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

So really, all you need as evidence to believe or form an opinion, is to have it written down on glossy paper in an annual? 

Whilst I actually think Amavi will turn into a very decent player, what you just posted is absolutely pointless and almost mock-worthy.

It's obvious to me that for us, Taylor has performed better than Amavi did, particularly last season.

How is it pointless and mock-worthy? Amavi's biggest criticism on here was that he was frail defensively yet they've listed it as one of his strengths. I've also read on here that he's poor in the air which they've also listed as one of his strengths. On the other hand I keep hearing how amazing Taylor is defensively and that he's better in the air than Amavi but neither Defensive Contributions nor Aerial Duels are listed as a strength of his but they are both listed for Amavi. In fact, Aerial Duels are listed as one of Taylor's weaknesses. 

I don't normally read too much into stats but I think those are more right than it would seem and highlights how unfair people have been on Amavi.

Amavi's best was a lot better than anything Taylor has produced for us so far. 

Edited by Michael118

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Wow.

Well I'm convinced.

22 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Amavi is a much better player overall. More skillful, far better offensively, a better cross and is more dynamic and creative. Taylor might be slightly more solid defensively but I think Amavi is better in that area than people give him credit for.

I believe we bought Taylor to replace a poor defender not a winger. I always thought Amavi would be a better left midfielder than defender and your points seem to agree with my view point. 

I would of kept him and played him ahead of Taylor as I believe it would have given us more balance. 

11 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I believe we bought Taylor to replace a poor defender not a winger. I always thought Amavi would be a better left midfielder than defender and your points seem to agree with my view point. 

I would of kept him and played him ahead of Taylor as I believe it would have given us more balance. 

Amavi had no attributes to play left wing though, he couldn't cross and he couldn't score goals and he didn't run in behind. That would be the weakest left side offensively going.

27 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I never considered Amavi as a winger or a left mid. No consistency to his crossing and can't finish for toffee. I do wish we had kept him though. Better lb than Taylor for me. 

Taylor is a limited player who is solid defensively playing for a manager who is limited and defensive.  I believe a different attack minded manager would have got better performances out of amavi than Bruce ever managed as the team would geared towards his attributes to get the best out of him. Oh well we will never know. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Amavi had no attributes to play left wing though, he couldn't cross and he couldn't score goals and he didn't run in behind. That would be the weakest left side offensively going.

I disagree, but that's what forums are all about.:)

Edited by villianusa

I think I've just been sick in my mouth reading about whoscored.com. !!  If this is what the modern game and fan use to rate players rather than their own eyes then it is no wonder the game is shit and steadily getting worse as the seasons pass.......... 

as for Amavi.... no website will convince me he is a player..... he was weak as bellyache shit and had fook all to his game..... poor poor player - taylor is far better

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

as for Amavi.... no website will convince me he is a player..... he was weak as bellyache shit and had fook all to his game..... poor poor player - taylor is far better

But.. but.. whoscored,com says Amavi is better therefore that is FACT.

Don't argue with the made up statistics. 107% of people who do that are always wrong. 

• Like 2

Â