Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Strangely i thought every one of those looked competent for the first few weeks before turning to sh#t. In hindsight i guess that may have been down to desperately looking for positives based on the performances of the guys they each replaced. 

Bertrand started well and turned to shit. looked a lot better since he left for Southampton

It's a shame re Amavi. I know he was generally poor last year but his ceiling is massive as can be seen by his performances this year. He will go on to have a very good career and I could see him being in the France squad for many years to come.

• Like 1

Amavi, Bertrand, Cissokho all had more than enough quality. Players rarely realise their potential with us. The same problem existed back then as it does now with Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury etc failing to reach the same heights they did at their previous clubs. It's not Bruce's tactics which is our problem. Its hiring managers who have no idea how to get the best out of our players.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Amavi, Bertrand, Cissokho all had more than enough quality. Players rarely realise their potential with us. The same problem existed back then as it does now with Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury etc failing to reach the same heights they did at their previous clubs. It's not Bruce's tactics which is our problem. Its hiring managers who have no idea how to get the best out of our players.

I dunno this has gone back years and years, almost like there is something wrong with the club itself! 

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Or he's just not very good. 

• 1 month later...

Wanted to comment on his performance today - had to go to page 4 to find the thread - unbelievable!

Hutton has been great since his run at left back started, but I have to say that without Adomah playing wide left and providing the width on that side, I felt that Taylor made a big difference when he came on today.

For all Hutton’s qualities, I think having two right footers playing on the left hand side means we have missed the ability for someone to put a cross in early with the their left foot, something Elmo does very well on the other side when he gets the chance.

Until Adomah returns, I would seriously consider playing Taylor at left back to give us a bit more balance and attacking threat.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Until Adomah returns, I would seriously consider playing Taylor at left back to give us a bit more balance and attacking threat.

Sounded like Hutton did his hamstring so he'll be out a few weeks....at least Taylor is a solid replacement

11 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

Wanted to comment on his performance today - had to go to page 4 to find the thread - unbelievable!

Hutton has been great since his run at left back started, but I have to say that without Adomah playing wide left and providing the width on that side, I felt that Taylor made a big difference when he came on today.

For all Hutton’s qualities, I think having two right footers playing on the left hand side means we have missed the ability for someone to put a cross in early with the their left foot, something Elmo does very well on the other side when he gets the chance.

I thought the same, and it looks like we get our wish through injury to Hutton.

• 2 weeks later...

He was pretty rubbish first half, awful on the goal conceded and kept giving it away. However, he really improved second half and along with Albert minimised the Wolves threat down our left side. Superb sliding tackle late on as well to deny Wolves a great chance.

• Like 1

Â