Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

37 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

He needs the kind of game Conor had today. 

He's a good player, just another one who's been moved around a bit and not really got going. 

Both capable goalscorers, really could be something if they both start clicking.

However they also have that repetitive remnant of Lampard/Gerrard and playing in the same team.

Maybe they can't.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Both capable goalscorers, really could be something if they both start clicking.

However they also have that repetitive remnant of Lampard/Gerrard and playing in the same team.

Maybe they can't.

I dunno, I know Lansbury does get ahead of the ball from time to time, but I see him playing deeper than Hourihane. 

For me, he should be holding the centre ground and looking to dictate play a bit. Not sitting in front of the back four, but more of a midfield quarterback of sorts. 

Having said that, I could never understand the Gerrard/Lampard issue as they were different players too, but maybe it is a thing, I hope not. 

21 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Thought Lansbury did well yesterday after coming on - maybe Davis is the ideal frontman for both Lansbury and hourihane .

I also think it's the first time he hadn't been first choice since he's been here. He now knows he has to perform to keep his place 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

People are aware that Lansbury got two assists yesterday ?

Yes we are. He played well when he came one. Like someone else mentioned maybe now he know he has to fight for a place.

I think it makes such a difference to have the players playing box to box. Even Onomah looked far more comfortable before he went off. 

Receiving the ball constantly with your back to goal is a difficult thing for a midfielder. 

Hopefully we can stop trying to shoehorn players into unfamiliar positions and just let them flourish. 

It was a solid if relatively low key performance from Henri. Two assists though and on another day might have had a goal or two.

Edited by villaglint

The difference on Saturday was that our long balls from the back (which constantly bypass the midfield) were sticking with Davis and the midfield were then able to come into the game and play football in the other half of the pitch.

For too long now the long ball football we have been playing has resulted in the loss of possession and the midfield having to defend once again. Both Hourihane & Lansbury's strengths are in creating and scoring goals which they have not been able to do.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

People are aware that Lansbury got two assists yesterday ?

He played well, but a short two yard ball to Hourihane for the third goal, whilst technically an 'assist', isn't really much to shout about nor a measure of his performance. Rather, I'd say he had a good level of influence and put himself about a lot. 

On 8/21/2017 at 13:00, wilko154 said:

The difference on Saturday was that our long balls from the back (which constantly bypass the midfield) were sticking with Davis and the midfield were then able to come into the game and play football in the other half of the pitch.

For too long now the long ball football we have been playing has resulted in the loss of possession and the midfield having to defend once again. Both Hourihane & Lansbury's strengths are in creating and scoring goals which they have not been able to do.

precisely

• 3 weeks later...
Â