Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

I wonder what the reactions would be on here if he scored that early chance. He didn't look like he'd be consistent enough for the attacking mid spot. He has good vision, but his passing lets him down. His free kicks were also pretty underwhelming. He had one good freekick all match. 

Don't see the fuss about him. He was an good signing for simply not being Westwood/Gardner/an actual midfielder last season. Now that we're pushing for automatic promotion, he seems very average. What exactly does he do, I'm still trying to figure it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

This is what Nottingham supporters were telling us. Will be anonymous for 3-4 matches, then 1 match he will look world class. 

Isorry but I don't think he will ever look world class, you have to take into account the teams we are up against.

As look as he started to look good/very good I'll be happy. I had no expectations in him coming from Forest as I'd never really seem much of him. I knew he got the odd goal, so that for me was an improvement in what we had in midfield just because of that alone as we'd cried out for a midfielder who could score for years. Again another player who still needs to get up and running. I hope a win on Wednesday night will give the team, whoever plays, a much needed confidence boost.

6 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Isorry but I don't think he will ever look world class, you have to take into account the teams we are up against.

As look as he started to look good/very good I'll be happy. I had no expectations in him coming from Forest as I'd never really seem much of him. I knew he got the odd goal, so that for me was an improvement in what we had in midfield just because of that alone as we'd cried out for a midfielder who could score for years. Again another player who still needs to get up and running. I hope a win on Wednesday night will give the team, whoever plays, a much needed confidence boost.

I doubt he will figure on Wednesday and the same goes for most of today's team - to be honest I'd not be too bothered about the league cup this season - concentrate on the league - lansbury got in some great positions first half but lacked the finish - jury still out on him for me .

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I doubt he will figure on Wednesday and the same goes for most of today's team - to be honest I'd not be too bothered about the league cup this season - concentrate on the league - lansbury got in some great positions first half but lacked the finish - jury still out on him for me .

Yep, I agree with that and add he has a bad habit of picking up needless bookings. 

Can't fault his effort. Ran beyond the forwards to chase the keeper down several times. There was a specific moment in the first half where he basically pressed 3/4 players on his own. 

He was influential early on, but like the rest the 2nd half was a bit of a poor show. 

With his range of passing I prefer him a bit deeper to be honest. He needs to be on the ball more and dictating play. 

• Like 1

Needs to be more box to box. He's looked a lot more effective with that responsibility.

He doesn't suit being in 'the hole'.

Needs to be picking the ball up from Whelan and driving forward, redistributing between the flanks or slotting Hogan through.

Having him sat just behind Hogan didn't work today as we either went down the flanks or played a shitey floating ball up to Elmo / nobdody. 

Unsurprising there's not much love for his performance today - he was basically playing a nothing position. 

• Like 1

Â