Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think that's a fair criticism. 

He was level with Hogan at many points during the game. 

Agreed, could have had a couple of goals had his finishing been better and popped up in the box several times . 

He has played too deep last season but was much more of a threat yesterday .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think that's a fair criticism. 

He was level with Hogan at many points during the game. 

Agreed, it was very noticeable yesterday that he was told to play advanced. Bacuna and Whelan were the deep players and Lansbury was almost a second striker at times.

It worked too. First half when we were on top he looked all the better for it, and I hope that's how we'll continue.

Criticising Bruce for playing him too deep is just lazy after a game like yesterday.

• Like 3

Everyone says he needs to play further forward but sorry I just don't see it.  Thought he slowed things up a bit playing that advanced yesterday.  

I actually think him and Whelan are the best central midfield pairing if we go with a 4-4-2, they both have enough energy and all round quality to do it.

In a system where we play with 3 midfielders: 2 holding and 1 attacking like yesterday, I think he's either best used as a deep lying play-maker (not the popular opinion I know) or not at all.

It was also his first match in that role, so I will cut him some slack. If Bruce wants Lansbury in that role, then we should give him at least a few matches to prove himself. One match against a very good opponent is difficult to make an opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's really not a deep player at all. You can see yesterday when Bruce pushed him back to shoehorn that kid in, he was just ineffective. He's struggled in that position since he joined.

He'd disappeared way before onohua (so) came on. 

• Like 1

Think the criticism towards him for Saturday is a bit harsh, he done really well in that first half. A bit of clinical finishing and he'd have been going in at half time with a couple assists and even a goal for himself. 

He dropped off in the second but so did everybody else. 

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It was also his first match in that role, so I will cut him some slack. If Bruce wants Lansbury in that role, then we should give him at least a few matches to prove himself. One match against a very good opponent is difficult to make an opinion. 

Come on Czechlad, very good?

I'll cut him some slack but he literally had their players passing to him in that first half! They were all over the place.

I hope he makes me eat my words, but right now I don't think he's the player for that position.

16 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Come on Czechlad, very good?

I'll cut him some slack but he literally had their players passing to him in that first half! They were all over the place.

I hope he makes me eat my words, but right now I don't think he's the player for that position.

I think it's the general consensus on here that Hull will be challenging for top 6 so I'd say they are one of the better teams in the league. 

To be fair to Hull in the second half I think their midfield was far more fluent than ours.

The passing was neat and tidy and to each other....

Whilst our players were at pains to get a simple triangle going at times!

Henri was one of the better ones when it came to effort and closing down but passes seem to go astray regularly, why?  because he can pick a pass and execute it too we have all seen this.

Also saw Glen Whelan misplace a number of passes too...

I would suggest that Lansbury and Whelan were passing to where players were SUPPOSED to be and those players let them down by not being there. 

• Like 1

Lansbury and Hourihane, I was expecting better things from them, they get taken out by the opposition too much and easily for me.

I still think our midfield lacks the necessary balance despite numerous signings.....its still early and I am hoping SB can come up with a formula that supports each other.

However, if we keep losing 50/50 balls and second balls at the rate we do, I can only see the negative tag being with us for some time.

you cannot come forward if you keep losing it, we have to find a way of keeping the ball better.......it maybe catch22 but its true.

Edited by TRO

I'm surprised no one is talking about Lansbury. Easily his worst game for us so far. He killed our attacks time and time again. I don't think he completed a forward pass in Cardiff's half all match. 

Honestly he is a big reason why we lost. He'd get the ball, immediately turn it over, and Cardiff were on the counter. I think the scoreline would have been different if O'hare or Hourihane started instead. 

Â