Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

I'm confused. From where I was sat it looked like the kind of tackle you see every week in every game. 

A cynical tackle to deliberately stop an attack. Standard yellow card. 

Did I miss something?

• Like 3

Yes it was a pretty standard yellow most other normal weeks, but to make a professional foul, studs up from behind, after the ref had sent off their man at the start of the game for something similar was poorly judged... some might even say **** stupid.

I'd Sell him! we've found the reason he was at forest for so long.. he's actually shit average. He Offers nothing, joining the long litany of nothing midfielders we've been cursed with over the years. 

Average at best @ everything. 

• Like 1

Never was a red. Even watching the tackle again it is a textbook yellow card. He wasn't the last man, he didn't intend to injure, he didn't go through the ball, or use excessive force. I am really struggling to see how that was a red. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not going to blame Lansbury for that, particularly. He clearly made a 'tactical' foul to break up play, a yellow card for any other ref. 

This ref started shitting himself immediately after he sent Traore off, and he was absolutely desperate for an opportunity to even the numbers. It was the worst refereeing performance I've seen in years. 

• Like 2

He was our best player in the first half, and alongside Snodgrass our most likely route to goal - he played some lovely balls from the centre of the park to the left corner of their box for Bjaranson. I thought he was having a good game until our referee decided he needed to be centre of attention.

If that's a red card, I'm the ghost of Nelson Mandela with a cat on my head.

• Like 3

It's not a red card BUT why even give the referee the option? It was an idiotic tackle, with limited danger on a night when the ref is always going to be loking for anything to even it up. So it's just highlights how lacking in any football brain he is. Amateur stupidity. Deserves the red for being so reckless. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

It was an idiotic tackle.

I don't think it was - I think in many respects it was the opposite of that. It was the kind of tackle that commentators sometimes call clever or professional, a tactical yellow card. 

I think it was an idiotic referee.

• Like 4

Â