Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

When all are fit I’d say he’s behind Hourihane, Whelan, Jedinak and Onomah for a starting spot. 

Not bad considering we started last season with Gardner and Westwood. 

Lansbury can do a job, and I’m not going to jump in his back, no matter how questionable his hair is. 

• Like 2

I think he is a little bit better than Gardener but still behind the rest. A decent back up. Which Gardener wasn't. 

If he stays I'm happy, if he goes I'm not bothered. Says it all really I guess :)

Struggling for confidence since he lost his place I feel - I think he's got a great pass on him and I was expecting him to kick on and be better than he has been. Hourihane had come on leaps and bounds this season though, Onomah is obviously a class act in the making and he can't do what Jedinak or Whelan do. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2017 at 08:45, Czechlad said:

He occasionally can have a great match. He isn't very consistent but he rarely is a liability. Good player to have as a backup. Although I don't see him as a huge improvement over Gardner to be fair.

A much better player than Gardner, in my opimion, but definitely only back up to the players we have now.

Actually i like him as a player, he has that bit of nastiness, which none of the others havent and I think he is better than the version of Whelan we have seen so far and better than Onomah, who hasnt impressed me at all. Lansbury just needs a goal in order to get his confidence back and step up like Hourihane did.

He is definitely not needed as much anymore. Since we switched to the 4-4-2, Lansbury likely won't be used much. Onomah is the go to guy off the bench, and we are playing him as a #10 even though he wanted to be a number #8 type player (box to box). If we continue with the 4-4-2, it might be a good idea to sell Lansbury. 

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is definitely not needed as much anymore. Since we switched to the 4-4-2, Lansbury likely won't be used much. Onomah is the go to guy off the bench, and we are playing him as a #10 even though he wanted to be a number #8 type player (box to box). If we continue with the 4-4-2, it might be a good idea to sell Lansbury. 

Nope. We need a squad

On 22/09/2017 at 16:54, osmark86 said:

Seems like he's turning into a bit of a dud. Will have to fight really hard to make it into the team as things stand currently.

A dud is taking things a bit to far, there can be middle ground between great and crap. Hes ok when he has played, which is far to little to gain any decent appraisal really. 

You are right in saying he will have to do well to force himself into the team now which can only be a good thing for all parties.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

Â