Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

What's the point?

You stated that:

19 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

In my eyes, an assist is where your team mate has to do nothing other than put the ball in the net!

He literally did this for 2 assists. You're arguing against yourself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He did, and while he played exceptionally well (easily MOTM for me), I am pretty sure that backheel was to the Villa player standing between Lansbury and Grealish. Can't remember who it was mind. 

Edit: It was Guilbert. https://youtu.be/7Nwa0IS_Oh4?t=579

That's what I thought, the backheel wasn't for Grealish. I suppose though, put it in a dangerous area and someone could do something with it.

3 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Lansbury gets 3 assists

Villa fans:

I'm convinced football fans think football is like FIFA. If you aren't skinning defenders all day long and/or scoring worldies, did you really do anything?

• Like 4

If Grealish or any other player has a game where they don't get any assists or goals, that doesn't mean to say they've had a bad game, and by the same token if a player has a game where they get a couple of assists, or even score a goal, that doesn't mean to say that they've been amazing, or beyond criticism for their taking overall performance. For large parts of last night's game I think it passed him by, and no I'm not expecting

• Like 1

21 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Other than that back heel....I don't think he contributed too much really.  But still a good squad player to have. I think he will move on in January to a championship team.

WhoScored has him as Man of The Match?

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1421211/Live/England-League-Cup-2019-2020-Crewe-Aston-Villa

We can argue subjectively all night, but his objective contribution to Villa’s win was the greatest, and it’s not about what constitutes an assist, it’s about all round positive contribution statistics.

Edited by thunderball

9 hours ago, New_Hope said:

an assist is where your team mate has to do nothing other than put the ball in the net!

**** me!

Â