The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I have to be honest I'm kind of enjoying being in the championship.

I like thinking we can win before every game. I like that the best players in our league want to play for us and we're one of the big bully boys for once. 

We need to return but I could happily live with one more year here. 

Yep, this is the reason I said above I'd be fine with another season down here to be honest.

Beyond that i'd be nervous though. i feel like the longer we're down here the more likely we are to stay here. The novelty will wear off quickly if we become a midtable championship team.

• Like 3

It looks like the Manager and Chairman haven't given up!! Our away form will decide our fate. After Preston we need to win both games next week. I wanted 7 min out of the 3 games. That hasn't changed it just looks like we will have to do it the hard way! 

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I just want to see some football at the back end of the season. Chances created, midfielders who midfield, goes from all around the team. Football to enjoy, and hopefully the crowd start buying into it too.

A midfielder...two midfielders who can score goals. Who knew something so simple could get me excited..

Very much this.  Hope for the new season.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, this is the reason I said above I'd be fine with another season down here to be honest.

Beyond that i'd be nervous though. i feel like the longer we're down here the more likely we are to stay here. The novelty will wear off quickly if we become a midtable championship team.

We are a mid table championship team. The table don't lie. 

• Like 2

Personally, i think we have too much ground to catch up but never say never. We need to go on a decent run to build up the confidence and who knows?

The next 4 games are definitely winnable, particularly with the new midfield (admittedly they need to hit the ground running) and Kodjia back.

Brentford Away

Forest Away

Ipswich Home

Barnsley Home

Then Newcastle Away.....

Imagine winning all 4 then going in to the Newcastle game brimming with confidence :ph34r: 

Edited by imavillan

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yes Arsenal putting 4 or 5 past us is much more fun than us beating Rotherham

I would like to think when we go up we will be beating arsenal 3-1 like we did at emirates or getting draws than last seasons pathetic spineless performance

So if Hourihane signs, we have signed 3 midfielders who all like to score goals, kodjia likes to score goals, Ayew of last season liked to score goals, If we got Rhodes he likes to score goals, anyone know if this Bree likes to score goals? 

Im expecting us to win every game 5-3 from now on. 

2 points per game, Bruces original target could still do it you know, but we have shot ourselves in the foot continuously.

People, myself included have been worried that if we scrape it to get up we could come straight down.

However another thought is, can you imagine how much effort XIA would put in to keep us in the Premier League if we got there?

Our most shite players would be gone, some of our best players (Good enough for PL) would then even possibly become squad players.

I'm sure he would probably pull out all stops for quality, star signings.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

So if Hourihane signs, we have signed 3 midfielders who all like to score goals, kodjia likes to score goals, Ayew of last season liked to score goals, If we got Rhodes he likes to score goals, anyone know if this Bree likes to score goals? 

Im expecting us to win every game 5-3 from now on. 

Except the concept of a ''team'' is also important unfortunately :P  Every year we get excited about singings, we sign good players. And they do shit all as a team. Few of the best then leave to other teams and become their MVPs.. im looking at you Gueye :( Even Veretout and Sanchez have been doing very well at Saint Ettiene and Fiorentina lately.. even Albrighton became godly in a gelled team yet we never rated the lad that highly. 

Edited by Alakagom

I'm an optimist - I think these signings can only work, not fail. They are all experienced in this division bar Viking, there are goals and assists aplenty in them - I mean Hourihane is literally the best midfielder in the championship this season. Even if they have a bad day they will be an improvement on what we had before and I have this feeling we will be really close to play-offs come the end of the season. 

• Like 1

The important thing is to gel as a team.  Every man knowing his job.  The results will then come and we will see where we end up.  

A good end to the season will in theory carry on to next.  

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You enjoy seeing us get smashed?

This is Aston Villa Football Club.  We should be playing teams like Arsenal and giving them a game.  We should be where Everton are -  a decent game for any opposition on our day.

Lerner / Fox / Sherwood etc are to blame for us 'getting smashed' by these teams.  That's not a true standing where the club should be.  Over time with generally been a decent top 8 side.

Next Tuesday we're on TV away at Brentford the same time Chelsea are playing Liverpool.  

• Like 2

It had finally settled in a couple weeks ago we weren't going up but after these signings, I can't help but think otherwise now. We've signed 2 of the best midfielders in the league.

6th place here we come.