The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Only way we have a chance is to win today and then when we get the African players back and finish January window with some more strong additions.  If we do we then need to win the next 3 or 4 matches in a row. 

This would surely put us withing 5 points or so with a couple of months remaining which then makes it doable. 

But the key is winning the next 4 or 5 games,  any loss or draw and I will throw in the towel. 

To be honest I don't think ayew will be coming back. Will be sold and only kodjia coming back

we must be on about 20 points dropped from winning positions at this stage. Huddersfield, Preston, Barnsley, Blues, Brentford, Wolves, Bristol City probably another game in there as well we dropped points

I begrudgingly gave up on the playoffs after watching the Burton game. It was clear as day we are miles away from being good enough. Half the players are just not performing, Baker & Chester are the only two noteworthy consistent performers, Adomah is showing flashes and Hutton tries but is just so limited. Otherwise we are poor and the players are just not playing well.

Amavi is riddled with schoolboy errors, McCormack clearly does not want to play for this club, Gabby is an embarrassment and a busted flush, Gardner, Westwood & Bacuna are simply below standard, Jedinak is overrun and to me doesn't look "at it". All the keepers we have tried seem to be of similar quality although it's early days for Johnson. Then you have Ayew who just doesn't ever seem to be really "at it" and Grealish who is still in the egotistical rooky mode which is frustrating and he should be developing more by now.

With our best striker also away it's not pretty.

Our only remote chance is signing another 3 or 4 alongside Lansbury who then gel rapidly and we then go on to "own" the second half of the season like Newcastle did and continue to do in the first. Way too many ifs buts & maybe's for me.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Rather than focusing on x points this or that, instead we need to focus on playing consistent, reliable, productive football. 

Until then any talk of playoffs is absurd. We're a joke and not a very funny one. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Preston are a good team, you all sound like we lost to a crap team, cmon lads, stop being so negative all the time! 

We got a draw against a team who beat Brighton in their last game, that's a decent result! 

Playoffs still in sight easily, no stresses :)

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Preston are a good team, you all sound like we lost to a crap team, cmon lads, stop being so negative all the time! 

We got a draw against a team who beat Brighton in their last game, that's a decent result! 

Playoffs still in sight easily, no stresses :)

I've said it many times on here. Being realistic is not negative.

If you can find the positives in us, as Aston villa, having spent miliions upon millions to crack this abysmal league, laying 13th, miles off the pace and struggling to beat teams like Preston then good luck to you. Imo, you're completely deluded. 

• Like 2