The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

19 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'd say there's as much chance of us getting promoted as there is of getting Benteke. 

I'd say there's as much chance of us getting promoted as there is of getting Messi and Ronaldo with Pele coming in as goalkeeping coach.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I'd say there's as much chance of us getting promoted as there is of getting Messi and Ronaldo with Pele coming in as goalkeeping coach.

Can Pele speak Italian? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

If Tony can sit him down and pitch him the project, who knows? It would be a pretty cool story if Benteke found his form again as he helped us get back to the top flight..

Benteke will be looking for his 4th club in 4 years if palace get relegated. I've seen little bits of him and he ain't the player he used to be. Like many before him, he believed his poo didn't smell and now he is a lost soul. I'm not saying he should've stayed with us forever but to go to that Liverpool side..... Wasn't the best for his career. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To not make the playoffs next season with this squad and this manager would be a monumental disaster. 

I didn't expect it this season, but we have pushed the limits financially and the core of the rebuild is complete. We need a little more depth in certain areas perhaps, but if we can't go up or at the very least finish top 6 with the tools available, following the extended pre season we are in the middle of, then I give up. Bruce will be sacked no doubt and we start all over again. 

I'm willing to something outrageous if we don't make the playoffs next season. 

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I think we can try and push for the pay offs next season. I dont think we will do it next season but we will come close and hopefully go up the following year.

When you say we won't do it, is that get promoted or make the play offs at all?

I think as this season has shown the playoffs should be extremely reachable next season. 

I think as a club, if we don't get promoted next season we are in serious trouble. If we don't even make the play offs then we are f*****d!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did what I thought was a fair predictor...

It's not happening  :bang:

:(

Villafinal.jpg

Just looking at that projected top six Villa have more than competed with all of them. A little more clinical in front of goal with less player error and there should have been even more wins.

I just wish Villa were starting this season with the team and manager Villa have now but things are starting to click.

Win our next couple of games with other results going our way then I will be interested to see how 5th & 6th react?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Finish strongly, settling summer with as few changes as possible and plenty of teambuilding and we really should be looking to win the thing next season, let alone playoffs.

i'm with ya. How soon will the bookies start letting us bet on Villa to win the 2017/18 Championship?

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Did what I thought was a fair predictor...

It's not happening  :bang:

:(

Villafinal.jpg

If we manage to get 21 points from 9 games then Bruce will have more than earned a crack at next season, I'd be delighted with 18 from the last 9 to be honest. That's title winning form.