The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I bet you one million pounds we are now where near.

Well yeah.

BUT pressure is off, beaten SW, narrowly lost to Huddersfield to lack of finishing, I'm not sure who else there is to fear really...

It's not that, it's that we would almost certainly have to win 9/9 games to have a chance of 6th.

Much as we'd love it, that is unrealistic .

Im just glad we've avoided relegation !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

Even thinking optimistically, there is too much to do, catching Wednesday or Reading may be possible but there's too many teams between us and them for us to end up in the playoffs.

It's a forced way of thinking but I don't think it's a bad thing having to wait another year. Give this team time to gel and players to make a name for themselves. The last thing we want is to go in to the premier league and make loads of changes (again), granted some will be needed but if we can put in a confident season at the top of the league, it will put us in good stead for a premier league return.

Although however we do it, we need to go up next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

See above.

Well it takes a strong man, baby
But I'm showing you the door

'Cause I gotta have faith
I gotta have faith
Because I gotta have faith faith
I gotta to have faith, faith, faith

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well it takes a strong man, baby
But I'm showing you the door

'Cause I gotta have faith
I gotta have faith
Because I gotta have faith faith
I gotta to have faith, faith, faith

Dude I love the optimism, I'm about 4-5 pints behind you at mo by the sounds of things... Wait for me :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

4 wins out of 5, and looking at last 9 fixtures the toughest game is the final one. Yer know, if the last five are a barometer of our form, we could pick up 7/8 wins - if 8 would leave us on 72 points. Could be close. 

Norwich(new manager bounce), Fulham and Reading are difficult games as well

I think even if we won all remaining games (which we won't anyway) but even if we did I can't see all the teams above us losing enough for us to overtake them. We blew it at the start of the season and again in January/February. If either of those runs hadn't been quite so poor we may still have an outside chance but right now we have absolutely no chance at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think even if we won all remaining games (which we won't anyway) but even if we did I can't see all the teams above us losing enough for us to overtake them. We blew it at the start of the season and again in January/February. If either of those runs hadn't been quite so poor we may still have an outside chance but right now we have absolutely no chance at all. 

Steve Bruce agrees. I agree. 

Win another 4 on the bounce mind and who knows. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

If we win 9/9 I think we would still be a few points off. 

Yeah, looking at the table.only a colossal meltdown from one of those teams in the top 6 would suffice.

Stranger things have happened though.

So frustrating that we were/are a few goalkeeping errors and shit finishing away.

We're about 10 points off where we should be.

58 points now and with our run in I'd fancy us big time to make the top 6.

But we're not.

I do think we're not that far away. We threw away those 10 points in that awful Jan-Feb period alone (2 v PNE and I thought we'd get 8 from Brentford-Forest and Ipswich-Barnsley rather than zero).

I think we'll be up there next season as long as we have a good start.