The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Unfortunately Norwich seem to be stringing results together too, and they are already 6 points ahead of us.

Just to put things in perspective if it were only down to us and them I doubt we would do it!

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If only we had won a couple more games.

Yep, if we'd turned a few of those RDM draws in to wins, 4-5 maybe and we'd be right in there. 

Edited by alreadyexists

Would rather finish 9th-10th then just miss out in 7th that would be heart breaking.

It's 11 points no chance anyway you need all the teams from 6th-11th to drop loads of points. Not gonna happen.

But I am confident we are not going to. Give the sides a head start next season

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

I still don't think we will do it. I kind of don't want us to - it will mean another squad overhaul which we could do without. I just want this good run to continue and finish around 8th or 9th. 

I know what you mean, however having thought about this last night, I realised we wouldn't need an "Overhaul" at all.

We basically bought half a squad of good players in January, some who can make the step up to the Premier League, good enough for mid to bottom half at least.

We would probably realistically need 4 top quality players, which i'm sure Tony would have no qualms funding.

An improved, or on par, younger Jedi.

A top quality keeper (unless Johnstone climbs mountains)

A top quality striker (Maybe a big guy with skill: Benteke ish)

A top quality defender.

Youngsters can slowly be integrated, and our fringe players can be sold/released. With a couple of our better players becoming squad/rotation players to make room for higher quality.

Don't need a total uproot at all, it can be done in sustainable, calculated phases.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

24 points to play for 11 points behind sixth

If Sheff Weds and no other team fails to win between now and the end of the season and we win every game between now and the end of the season we could finish in the playoffs comfortably

Sheff Weds are playing dire at the minute

Norwich next week is a six pointer win that and i will start to believe

We still have to play Reading Fulham who are around the places as well beat them and we will be in contention

We also have Brighton at home at the end of the season which will be a dead rubber as they will be promoted by this point anyway

Edited by AshVilla