The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Who else reckons we should start a 'what we need for next season' topic? 

Although we put two past him today, I quite like Westwood of Sheff Weds. Think he would be a decent addition for us and our promotion push next season. (That's if Sheff Weds don't get promoted of course). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We're about 10 points off where we should be.

58 points now and with our run in I'd fancy us big time to make the top 6.

But we're not.

I do think we're not that far away. We threw away those 10 points in that awful Jan-Feb period alone (2 v PNE and I thought we'd get 8 from Brentford-Forest and Ipswich-Barnsley rather than zero).

I think we'll be up there next season as long as we have a good start.

Agreed. When you consider we had a combined 2 runs where we won 1 of about 19 games, that's nearly half the season with wasted opportunity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes its too late now. I just hope Kodjia gives us another season. He's the one player I would hate to loose.

Yeah, we need to keep him tight.

Though if you read his thread quite a few want him out the door in the summer. Seems mad that he'd probably go to a premier league team if he does leave - but that would make some here happy as they believe we are a better team without him.

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Yeah, we need to keep him tight.

Though if you read his thread quite a few want him out the door in the summer. Seems mad that he'd probably go to a premier league team if he does leave - but that would make some here happy as they believe we are a better team without him.

I point out how frustrating his faults are, and that I feel and see where they have cost us points.

However never wanted him out, as it's impossible to do so based on his record and contribution.

Anyway hopefully we go up next year, and in that case there is no way in hell the Club are letting him go.

Unless it is one of the BIG boys and in that case I am sure it would be in return for a gargantuan sum which would either turn potential buyers off or enhance our "war chest" exponentially.

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Let's bring back Benteke next season

Never going to happen. But still can't help but wonder about how many goals he would score down here?..I'd guess blinkin loads!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Never going to happen. But still can't help but wonder about how many goals he would score down here?..I'd guess blinkin loads!

Palace could get relegated and nobody will be paying 30 mill for Benteke. I dunno, Tony's money and our history with the player, it could happen. Imagine that and Gaz Baz returning. I would pass out. 

• Like 3

Benteke might be coming down with Palace anyway, they're not safe by any means. I doubt he'd come back to us though, there aren't many players that go back once they left a club. 

If they do get relegated, you'd imagine a PL side coming for him.

While the play offs are mathematically possiblei won't give up the smallest shred of hope... but I've pretty much accepted it's not going to happen.

If Tony can sit him down and pitch him the project, who knows? It would be a pretty cool story if Benteke found his form again as he helped us get back to the top flight..

I did a predictor for the remaining games and even being very generous with Villa's results, I see us no higher than 8th and about 7 points of the final play off spot. 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I did a predictor for the remaining games and even being very generous with Villa's results, I see us no higher than 8th and about 7 points of the final play off spot. 

Given where we were mid October and again mid February that would be pretty good!

• Like 3

I think we can try and push for the pay offs next season. I dont think we will do it next season but we will come close and hopefully go up the following year.

As for this year....Are people seriously thinking we can win every single game til then end of the season? 

We will finish in the top half but only just. 11th for me.

Edited by One For The Road