The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

27 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Even if we go up and come back down again the money would be worth it

I'd rather we go up as a team that knows how to play with each other and are hard to beat in the Premier League the way Burnley have.  I've enjoyed this season more than the last 5 in the top flight. I'm happy for another season in this league winning every week.

I get the money side of things though. 

If we went up this season, with the odds completely against us, it would be an amazing story of recovery. 

If we don't, great. It all honesty, with the past 6 games I've got used to winning ways. Feels a little bit O'Neil-esque. 

Unless we are ready to go up and win a few, I'm not sure I'd like us to go up this season. 

Spoiler

Of course I would. Let's win the last 8 games, go up as Play off winners, boss the PL. Europe. Done. 

• Like 3

Probably be a couple of wins short but......

In the last 6 games we have gained 15 points and Wednesday have gained 4 points. We could arguably have gained another 3 against Huddersfield. Same happens again and we catch Wednesday with 2 games left 

Top 8 is achievable and considering we were 22nd when we kicked off under Bruce that would be a decent position .

If only we'd held onto 2 or 3 of those leads we would have been right in the mix.

We're going to be excruciatingly close with the knowledge that if either chucking points away under RDM or the 9 games in January/February didnt happen we'd have been comfortably in the playoffs.

It'lI benefit us in the longer run as its another 12 months for this squad to gel, which will see us in good stead after we have walked this league next year. The very fact we'll probably end up single figures adrift despite winning one game in almost half a season (1 in 11 under RDM + 0 in 9 under Bruce = 1 in 20!!) tells me that this league is there for the taking next year 

Edited by StewieGriffin

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Its not going to happen guys. Close this thread to avoid disapointment for anybody that really believes it can be done.

Next season we 100% go up.

We're all grown adults here, we can take a bit of disappointment. We don't need threads closed to protect us, ffs.

• Like 4

I suspect we'll end up 3 or 4 points short and over a bloody long season that's naff all and it'll probably hurt more than if we we in the bottom half.

I know people say it's too soon to go up but I believe that if/when we go up Dr_T will back the manager with premier league quality players. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incidentally, 51 points is our highest 38 game total since 2010.

Now obviously those are different leagues and so on, but I think it's worth noting that from an enjoyment point of view, as a supporter, it should have felt like a lot more fun than the last six years; I'm not quite sure it has, and I'm not quite sure what point I'm making but......erm.

Oh and it's also exactly three times the amount of points we got last season in 38 games.

In many ways this season has been among the worst.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1