January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

not exactly prolific for a forward is he, 40 appearances for hull last year and 7 goals (3 of those were against bury in the cup)

Still better record than most of our strikers .

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

not exactly prolific for a forward is he, 40 appearances for hull last year and 7 goals (3 of those were against bury in the cup)

...in what was his first season of senior football.

Middlesbrough have confirmed they've received two bids for Jordan Rhodes - one from Sheffield Weds but not named the other. We go about our business quietly most of the time so wouldn't be surprised if that other team is us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Middlesbrough have confirmed they've received two bids for Jordan Rhodes - one from Sheffield Weds but not named the other. We go about our business quietly most of the time so wouldn't be surprised if that other team is us.

Why name one team and not the other.  Seems to me they are trying to get Villa back to the table.  Hope we stay away.

34 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Villa in talks to sign Chuba Akpom on loan from Arsenal (twitter)

Late try to get Boro to lower their expectations on Rhodes??

52 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah good old VT hyperbole.....thought it was too good to be true that we hadn't nailed someone to the post of being the 'worst ever' for a few days......zzzzzzzzz

Thanks for that very productive post not surprised your own post has sent you to sleep

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks for that very productive post not surprised your own post has sent you to sleep

Bosko Balaban

Charles N'Zogbia

Stephen Ireland

Habib Beye

Emile Heskey

There's just a few that I would say were worse signings, am sure there are many many others during the 100+ years of Villa's existence.

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I saw that Middlesbrough were linked to Bojan yesterday. If they sign him they will really knacker their negotiating position on Rhodes as they will have about 6 strikers on their books.

I doubt he would want to drop into the Championship but the reported 12m fee for Bojan is a steal. I would love him at Aston Villa.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bosko Balaban

Charles N'Zogbia

Stephen Ireland

Habib Beye

Emile Heskey

There's just a few that I would say were worse signings, am sure there are many many others during the 100+ years of Villa's existence.

i quite liked Heskey :unsure:

• Like 1

Quote about Akpom from YT:

"Arsenal fans singing his praises obviously havn't watched him while he's been with us (Hull) his temperament has been terrible having had bust ups with Bruce and strops on the pitch. His finishing has been beyond shocking missing several easy chances and failing to challenge the keeper often enough. He doesnt have any real match awareness, even taking chances away from his teammates and certainly never seeing a key pass. He may well make it in the championship but won't make it at arsenal and certainly isn't ready for the Prem 3 in 35 in the championship 4 in 3 against L1 sides in the cup. There's his level."

If he's had bust ups with Bruce, why would we be in for him? Just for cover or a bit desperate? 

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bosko Balaban

Charles N'Zogbia

Stephen Ireland

Habib Beye

Emile Heskey

I would say that Ireland and Heskey clearly offered more than McCormack has so far.