January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

there anything in this akpom link or is it purely the media guessing after bruce jokingly said the new henry?

because there are several youngsters that have been referred to as the new henry, im guessing most of our journos havent heard of kylian mbappe

Heskey played alongside James Milner, Ashley Young, Stan Petrov and John Carew.

McCormack hsad played alongside Gary Gardner and Ashley Westwood.

I think McCormack needs a bit more time with decent players before being written off as one of the worst.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

Heskey played alongside James Milner, Ashley Young, Stan Petrov and John Carew.

McCormack hsad played alongside Gary Gardner and Ashley Westwood.

I think McCormack needs a bit more time with decent players before being written off as one of the worst.

Think he needs to pull his head out of his arse and turn up for training

Akpom no thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

Middlesbrough have confirmed they've received two bids for Jordan Rhodes - one from Sheffield Weds but not named the other. We go about our business quietly most of the time so wouldn't be surprised if that other team is us.

I wouldn't be surprised either, seeing as Bruce himself said we'd been in for him.

I'd feel cheated if we spent anymore than 6 million quid on Rhodes...especially as they want him gone and he hasn't played.

Would much prefer us to go for raw pace or power, then spend a year in the championship getting them right. 

We have kodjia back in a couple of games, we are not desperate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would say that Ireland and Heskey clearly offered more than McCormack has so far. 

Really?

What did Ireland do?

Heskey was a shit signing at the point of him joining and a shit signing at the point of him leaving with a significant amount of shit inbetween, he also came in at a time when the club was vibrant and trending upwards and still managed to contribute very little 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Really?

What did Ireland do?

Heskey was a shit signing at the point of him joining and a shit signing at the point of him leaving with a significant amount of shit inbetween, he also came in at a time when the club was vibrant and trending upwards and still managed to contribute very little 

I'm not saying either of those two players were brilliant, obviously. Just that they contributed more than McCormack has done in the five months he's been here, in which he's started, what, roughly 50% of the games?

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would say that Ireland and Heskey clearly offered more than McCormack has so far. 

"By the end of October 2010, Ireland had been dropped from the Villa team with manager Gerard Houllier publicly stating that he needs to work harder at his game."

Can't agree with Ireland having more to offer because he didn't. Heskey scored 1 in every 10 games for us, so yeah, definitely an upgrade on McCormack :huh:

2 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

"By the end of October 2010, Ireland had been dropped from the Villa team with manager Gerard Houllier publicly stating that he needs to work harder at his game."

Can't agree with Ireland having more to offer because he didn't. Heskey scored 1 in every 10 games for us, so yeah, definitely an upgrade on McCormack :huh:

Wasn't Ireland the fans player of the year one season?

• Like 1