January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Hourihane and Bree already done 

Ayew and McCormack out, Rhodes and Brady in! 

Johnstone 

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Brady 

Kodjia Rhodes 

Its a good team. I'd probably have Jedinak in instead of Adomah in the tougher away games and put Kodija out wide in a 5 man midfield

• Like 1

I can't see McCormack going this window based on Bruce's comments. People aren't going to take their chance on an unfit player with personal issues

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

r u itk or just hopeful

I'm not itk, someone I know thinks they are and has told me those two are done deals.

To be honest, I don't think you need to be itk to realise we're in for Houihane and Bree, and have been in for Brady and Rhodes. 

You can see the positions Bruce is trying to strengthen! 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Couple of interesting articles on Birmingham mail site, one indicating that McCormack will be sold and the other with Bruce (jokingly?) saying we might get the "new Thierry Henry" on loan...

I wonder...

Id take the old thierry henry tbh. Still fitter than fatty mccormack

• Like 2

We're signing Sanchez on loan then. All the pieces fit together with Tony following him on Twitter too ;)

In all seriousness, a few have mentioned Akpom, who he had at Hull. Would make sense with his relationship with Wenger, being young (if you count 21 as young), a striker and from Arsenal. His 'statistics' do not look inspiring though, and if I was to put a word to it dreadful, albeit I have never seen the guy play. 

Hmm a short term loan of a striker probably the best option if we can't get rid of McCormack this window. In the summer we can re-evaluate and also sign a new number one keeper seeing as Johnstone is also a loan deal. If McCormack gets back in the team and performs it solves that problem, if not we will have to get rid this summer and no doubt incur a loss. 

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

We're signing Sanchez on loan then. All the pieces fit together with Tony following him on Twitter too ;)

In all seriousness, a few have mentioned Akpom, who he had at Hull. Would make sense with his relationship with Wenger, being young (if you count 21 as young), a striker and from Arsenal. His 'statistics' do not look inspiring though, and if I was to put a word to it dreadful, albeit I have never seen the guy play. 

Akpom seems like a reasonable and realistic link, would definitely prefer a more reliable goalscorer though. 

I do want us to get rid of McCormack, whatever the problem is (whether he has some personal issues or is just a complete idiot), we just can't afford any more problems and turmoil (had enough with the immovable parasite that is Gabby and a few others) so best to get rid and get someone else in if at all possible. Even if he got over this, I don't think he would ever be cut out for PL and is not getting any younger. I had read, some time back, that Karanka quite rates McCormack therefore a swap deal for Rhodes would be great imo but probably unlikely atm. He may be more up for it, with a bit of a point to prove perhaps. I'd prefer someone better or more talented but time is not on our side right now. Hope the Hourihane & Bree deals are done early as possible this week.

I hope the reporter hasn't mis-judged Bruce taking the piss. It's reported as if he's lining up some potential wonder kid but it looks like they're taking it too literal. 

P. S. What's with the Birmingham Mail? I live in North Wales and have done for a long time and used them as a decent read for info via their site for a few years. Then went cold turkey for a while and ever since I've read things since it's just like a crappy Facebook footy page posting rumour after rumour, nicking from other crap sources. Then the mail gets quoted by the rubbish blogs etc. What an absolute joke it is. These people are paid reporters too, just spouting shite from the Internet. I'm jealous. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I hope the reporter hasn't mis-judged Bruce taking the piss. It's reported as if he's lining up some potential wonder kid but it looks like they're taking it too literal. 

P. S. What's with the Birmingham Mail? I live in North Wales and have done for a long time and used them as a decent read for info via their site for a few years. Then went cold turkey for a while and ever since I've read things since it's just like a crappy Facebook footy page posting rumour after rumour, nicking from other crap sources. Then the mail gets quoted by the rubbish blogs etc. What an absolute joke it is. These people are paid reporters too, just spouting shite from the Internet. I'm jealous. 

It's now part of the Mirror group!