January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

I think we have money for now if that makes sense. Not sure what the plans are after this season though? Tony to do a Lerner and tighten up? Sign 10 sponsorship deals with Chinese companies in the next few months to curb FFP? Not sure what exactly the plan is going forward in terms of transfer window and budget. This type of spending won't last forever obviously. 

• Like 1

It would make sense for Barnsley to want him/them for the Leeds match. 

The money involved isn't enough for the whole 'risking the move if he picks up an injury' thing. They say 'go out and get us a result against Leeds, say goodbye to the fans properly and then you can go'. 

• Like 1

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ hope this is true as the pair would be a most welcome addition.

Hourihane was pretty good in the post match interview when asked about joining Villa. He basically said 'we will see what happens next week'

Tony keeps banging on about two signings like there'll be done together. 

I personally think Bree and Hourihane are done and will be announced early next week. 

Then we definitely need a striker, he only rates Kodjia and Gabby (shudder). I think he'll offload McCormack, Ayew, Kozak and RHM this window or next. Any of Rhodes, Ulloa, Assombalonga or Hernandez would do for me. 

A left winger would be nice too! Brady (expensive) or Judge (out of contract) would be good, or even a loan . . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Tony keeps banging on about two signings like there'll be done together. 

I personally think Bree and Hourihane are done and will be announced early next week. 

Then we definitely need a striker, he only rates Kodjia and Gabby (shudder). I think he'll offload McCormack, Ayew, Kozak and RHM this window or next. Any of Rhodes, Ulloa, Assombalonga or Hernandez would do for me. 

A left winger would be nice too! Brady (expensive) or Judge (out of contract) would be good, or even a loan . . 

Yeah I can see ayew flogged and the money going on Brady. Sunderland were in for him at 10mill but were rejected. Would be another big outlay but I am certain he would improve us.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah I can see ayew flogged and the money going on Brady. Sunderland were in for him at 10mill but were rejected. Would be another big outlay but I am certain he would improve us.

Can't see Brady coming here - there are premier clubs linked with him other than Sunderland .

wouldnt surprise me though to see Brady  leave and Norwich make a bid for McCormack .

my worry is that Bree will get a better offer while our deal drags on - I think hourihane will come but maybe not Bree - hope I'm wrong.

36 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Can't see Brady coming here - there are premier clubs linked with him other than Sunderland .

wouldnt surprise me though to see Brady  leave and Norwich make a bid for McCormack .

my worry is that Bree will get a better offer while our deal drags on - I think hourihane will come but maybe not Bree - hope I'm wrong.

I was worried about Bree too but going on Pat Murphy's comments I think its all worked out now and we'll see them both sign on Monday. Famous last words!

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think we have money, but also an extremely high wage bill 

Yes,  I don't believe for one second we are not in danger of FFP. We were running up staggering losses in the PL. We have got rid of some players and had relegation clauses but the money we earn next year will be massively reduced and the above actions have probably not reduced the wages anywhere near enough,  then we have new signings also to whom we will be paying top championship dollar to. 

I think we will need some very creative accounting to avoid FFP.  

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barrow?? Never heard of him so how can be worth the same as ayew

Just googled him and there were reports he is valued at £15m and being watched by saints and Leicester .

ive rarely watched any premier football this season and also was unaware of him .

Edited by Eastie