January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

20 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

The use of the word 'swap' seems to neglect the likelihood that money would also be required to be exchanged

Whilst I am not the greatest fan of Ayew (his general performances always seem fairly selfish - he certainly hasn't seemed to bond with Kodjia), he would still command a fee and I'm sure he would work out in a team that can carry a luxury player.

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Just googled him and there were reports he is valued at £15m and being watched by saints and Leicester .

ive rarely watched any premier football this season and also was unaware of him .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-winger-modou-barrow-target-9305939

no idea how they come up with the fees these days.  Wasn't long ago that £15m could buy you a world beater

Also, Swansea bought him for a mere £1.5m, imagine if every investment returned 1000% what you paid in the first place

Edited by Tubby

20 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

He was the player who came on for Swansea last season, when we we're 1-1 at Villa Park.

He plays right wing and Timmy had fielded Richardson at left back....

As soon as Barrow came on, Swansea switched their tactics to target Richardson and Barrow continually waltzed passed him, putting in several decent crosses prior to Sigurdsson scoring their winner from a free-kick and ultimately costing Timmy's employment (I like him for that!)

We don't need another right winger, with Adomah and Green already working well. We do need a left winger though but think Barrow is predominantly right footed.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fairly sure Barrow can play on both flanks, he's absolutely electric but end product hardly amazing. That said I think at this level he'd do more than Ayew has this season.

Adama Traore?

• Like 1

Seems Leicester palace and saints all interested in barrow so can't imagine he will come here .

newcastle were quoted £10m iN the summer and he's had a good season for Swansea so the reported price tag £15m  being bandied about .

I think we're very light on for genuine pace.

Although we'd probably value Ayew higher we would probably get Barrow on lower wages, which could be a significant factor.

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

Traore was superb in the highlights yesterday for Middleborough

I imagine he was, is that 18 games with no goals and assists for Boro now?

52 minutes ago, jackdaww said:

spectacular winger.

as with traore , no-one can get on the end of the final ball - hes just too good for them.

That's certainly one way to look at it, the other would be how does he consistently fail to find Alvaro Negredo?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I think we're very light on for genuine pace.

Although we'd probably value Ayew higher we would probably get Barrow on lower wages, which could be a significant factor.

Swansea value barrow far higher than ayew .

newcastle were quoted £10m in the summer for him and rumours saints palace and Leicester were all quoted £15m more recently

Edited by Eastie