January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmmm didn't this same source say deal was dead few days ago and he was ranting...

No, he told us that the medical that was booked got cancelled and the deals were not happening imminently. He also said the Lansbury deal was done but dont expect anything else until next week (meaning this week)

31 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

He said that Barnsley had pulled the plug at the last minute. It was speculated elsewhere in the media that Barnsley pulled out of the deal so that they could play for them last Saturday, which seems to make sense. 

I'm pretty sure he went as far as saying the deal wasn't dead but that the medicals last week were cancelled and could be resurrected from what I remember. Also goes along with the theory that Barnsley wanted to keep them for the Leeds game. 

Edit: Beaten to it.

Edited by limvillian

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I agree, to be at his best he will need to mature...

Good job he isn't signing for them down the road, as that would make him a blue cheese and he'd be playing in front of the (s)tilton !!!!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

so this looks like it is happening - which is awesome - but on a serious note, I feel like the names of Hourihane, Lansbury and Bree were all first mentioned on this forum as players that people thought we should sign/ would like to sign - rather than rumours that people had heard of who we were going to sign. And only then the rumours appeared here, then in the media, and then it became fact.

If that makes sense.

I think this forum has more influence than we realise..........:detect:

I wouldn't flatter ourselves! It's more likely that we have people at the club who appear to know what the **** they're doing, at last. 

Regards Hourihane, obvious signing is obvious. But we've rarely done 'obvious' in the past. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

No, he told us that the medical that was booked got cancelled and the deals were not happening imminently. He also said the Lansbury deal was done but dont expect anything else until next week (meaning this week)

He had the Elphick deal about three weeks before anyone else.  He clearly has the strongest inside knowledge since whoever was giving away our starting XIs under Lambert.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Without sounding like I'm needlessly bashing Hutton, i think the very fact that he isn't Hutton will buy him time to be honest. If he has a good attitude i think the fans will take to him.

Hutton is shit so its ok

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Yes maybe. Or maybe we are finally being a bit more shrewd with our business, and their contract situation is the very reason we are interested in them?

maybe too

maybe we're skint

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Next game it is looking really possible that we will have Kodjia for Gabby, Lansbury and Hourihane for Westwood and Gardner, and Bree for Hutton. Barring injuries, I am very happy with that first 11. 

Indeed! Come on Morocco! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Villa in talks to sign Chuba Akpom on loan from Arsenal (twitter)

A striker that doesn't score. He'll fit in well 

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Personally, I think we'd have all been disappointed if our summer purchases were Henri Lansbury and two chaps from Barnsley.  Not so much anymore!

It is indeed. We just don't seem to be able to spot players in the lower leagues and develop them. Like Hourihane. Like Alan Judge. Like Scott Hogan

Hoping Steve Round is working on our scouting network from the ground up

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Boro have had £8m bid for snodgrass rejected so clearly rhodes is well down their pecking order - maybe still a possibility for us .

I'd love Snodgrass here. Bruce has managed him but think there is zero chance he'd drop down. He's been excellent this year

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Balance cost half of what McCormack did

not zogbia is a midfielder 

Ireland did not cost 12m

Habib be ye cosy less than 5m

Heskey???? He's key was far better than McCormack :huh:

Balaban at £6m back then is about £15m now and he barely played. Something majorly dodgy about that transfer