January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

OT, but on Heskey. I remember taking me son down to VP store to get him a new top and pick up some tickets. Heskey had just signed for Bolton. We got the top and i asked him if he wanted a name/number printed on the shirt. Without hesitation he said 'i want Heskey' almost immediately, the a shop employee who was in close proximity said 'well I've never heard that before' 

I explained to my lad that it isn't really done form to have past players printed on your top unless said player was a club icon, he reluctantly agreed and decided to have Cissokho instead (god knows why) After getting the top we popped next door to ticket office and a couple of lads infront of us were taking about Heskey because he had just scored on his Bolton debut, my lad was not impressed. 

With these signings in this window we are finally moving on an upward trajectory after bottoming out after last season's nose dive. Bree for Hutton and Hourihane for Westwood is proper team building, not just stabilising things. Although we have not had the results lately, I am really excited about what is to come. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With these signings in this window we are finally moving on an upward trajectory after bottoming out after last season's nose dive. Bree for Hutton and Hourihane for Westwood is proper team building, not just stabilising things. Although we have not had the results lately, I am really excited about what is to come. 

People need to keep their cool though. We really cannot have people coming on here and moaning about the players (especially new ones) should we fail to get a result (Obviously this is a forum so people can do what they like, but, you get what I mean). People need to realise that actually players do need time to gel and adapt to the new environment. If we sign Hourihane and Bree, they are coming from an environment where everyone is on a massive high, and coming into a team that is a bit flat and have been struggling over the past few weeks. The remainder of this season needs to focus on getting the team playing for each other and developing a style of play that is going to get us promoted next season. We have far too much to do in order to catch up with the rest IMO. 

(Btw Jareth this isn't aimed at you, more of a generalisation).

How how many points will see us safe in this league? 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

Why do we want another striker? Even without McCormack & RHM we still have Kodjia, Ayew, Agbonlahorn & Davis.

Actually don't answer that... I see now.

Gonna answer anyway Kodjia is the only player who can put the ball in the back of the net (Davis maybe but he hasn't played)

After all the excitement I hope it's Bree and Hourihane. I just hope the remaining 5% has nothing to do with Barnsley wanting to get another game out of them. They're away to Rotherham on Saturday. Local derby for them. Be nice to have a bit of time to bed them in ahead of Brentford.

Anyway sounds good DrX. Bring it on.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we sign both Lansbury and Hourihane this will hold a very special place in my heart..

On FM13 I had a save where I started off unemployed and ended up at Barnsley taking them all the way to the top. The one player who was with me for that entire journey was Hourihane. So I've always really liked him ever since. 

The next year on FM14 I did the same, only this time I ended up at Forest and Lansbury was the player who was with me for the whole journey to the top.

It's slightly surreal that we are signing both of these players but I am excited all the same :D 

Could one call it fate mayhaps? ^_^

• Like 1