January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

reports in Ireland seem to think he going to Burnley

That'd be a shame but i'd like to see us bid at least 

I thought Alan Judge looked excellent last season. Obviously a bad injury but he was like Hourihane last season in the respect his stats from midfield/wide were wonderful. 

it was only youth level but I was advised to slow down just before releasing the ball after a frantic burst.

I've always wondered if that can be applied at Professional level cos I've seen many a player zoom passed a defender only to mess up the pass, cross or shot.

Weimann being a classic example busting a gut till he fluffed it or fell over (cue the Hutton gif)

Edited by Grasshopper

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

it was only youth level but I was advised to slow down just before releasing the ball after a frantic burst.

I've always wondered if that can be applied at Professional level cos I've seen many a player zoom passed a defender only to mess up the pass, cross or shot.

Weimann being a classic example busting a gut till he fluffed it or fell over (cue the Hutton gif)

Good advice - always best to slow down before releasing after a frantic burst ;)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I imagine he was, is that 18 games with no goals and assists for Boro now?

That's certainly one way to look at it, the other would be how does he consistently fail to find Alvaro Negredo?

Yes we get it you think he's shite, or rather you are bitter he failed horribly for us then we flogged him for very little and there is now a chance he could actually come good. He's certainly done more for Boro then he ever did for us.

You make Negredo sound like Benteke, i.e. so good he's always at the end of every cross as last time i saw him he was fecking terrible.

9 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Yes we get it you think he's shite, or rather you are bitter he failed horribly for us then we flogged him for very little and there is now a chance he could actually come good. He's certainly done more for Boro then he ever did for us.

You make Negredo sound like Benteke, i.e. so good he's always at the end of every cross as last time i saw him he was fecking terrible.

Haha touchy subject?

What are you talking about, bitter? :lol:

We sold a highly limited player with potential providing he learns how to actually play football. All he's shown so far is that he isn't learning. Some MOTD highlights of his party tricks don't change that. He's not done anything at Boro. Anything.

Negredo has scored consistently at a high level and is a Spain international. He's not a world beater but good enough to have found him at least once.

This being my opinion doesn't mean I have any vendetta against him, and i'm certainly not 'bitter' about him not being here. We have enough midfielders with 0 goals and 0 assists in the team. I hope he does come good because he's a wonderful player to watch, but I've not seen a less tactically aware player for a long time.

Anyway, this is the totally wrong thread for this, let's talk about transfers.

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Haha touchy subject?

What are you talking about, bitter? :lol:

We sold a highly limited player with potential providing he learns how to actually play football. All he's shown so far is that he isn't learning. Some MOTD highlights of his party tricks don't change that. He's not done anything at Boro. Anything.

Negredo has scored consistently at a high level and is a Spain international. He's not a world beater but good enough to have found him at least once.

This being my opinion doesn't mean I have any vendetta against him, and i'm certainly not 'bitter' about him not being here. We have enough midfielders with 0 goals and 0 assists in the team. I hope he does come good because he's a wonderful player to watch, but I've not seen a less tactically aware player for a long time.

Anyway, this is the totally wrong thread for this, let's talk about transfers.

you were the one attacking my opinion with mutliple quotes fella. I'm bitter Traore left i wanted him to do well for us.

back on transfers the Barrow link sounds made up, i believe Swansea could want Ayew but not sure where the other bit came from.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

you were the one attacking my opinion with mutliple quotes fella. I'm bitter Traore left i wanted him to do well for us.

back on transfers the Barrow link sounds made up, i believe Swansea could want Ayew but not sure where the other bit came from.

questioning ≠ attacking

17 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think we have money for now if that makes sense. Not sure what the plans are after this season though? Tony to do a Lerner and tighten up? Sign 10 sponsorship deals with Chinese companies in the next few months to curb FFP? Not sure what exactly the plan is going forward in terms of transfer window and budget. This type of spending won't last forever obviously. 

It's important we balance the books especially in this division.

We didn't do that early on in Lerner's reign and that really hurt us when he tightened the purse strings.

12 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Hourihane and Bree already done 

Ayew and McCormack out, Rhodes and Brady in! 

Johnstone 

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Brady 

Kodjia Rhodes 

Please... that would be a great side.

Can't believe this McCormack nonsense, sick to the back teeth of crap like this and how these excuses for players just get away with it all. Last thing we needed.

Swap him for Rhodes if at all possible

Edited by Jas10

43 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

McCormack needs to go whilst he still holds value! We don't want another Bent situation on our hands!

I think his value is likely to be a minimum of 50% lower than it was on Friday already. I suspect we would struggle to get £5m for him at present. Looks like it may be a Gabby situation at the moment I just hope he pulls himself together a lot sooner than he did. 

2 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Hourihane and Bree already done 

Ayew and McCormack out, Rhodes and Brady in! 

Johnstone 

Bree Chester Baker Amavi

Adomah Lansbury Hourihane Brady 

Kodjia Rhodes 

r u itk or just hopeful