Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I really hope they are just working to line up the right replacement.   But it's a real failure not to have had that well in process at all times.  Ready to enact in short order.  I always have a contingency plan for what I will do if I have to replace an employee on short notice.  

At what point does X v X become the most played league fixture instead of Aston Villa v Everton?  

I vote we keep Bruce till that point so I never ever have to hear a commentator say "Aston Villa v Everton is the most played league fixture" 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

At what point does X v X become the most played league fixture instead of Aston Villa v Everton?  

I vote we keep Bruce till that point so I never ever have to hear a commentator say "Aston Villa v Everton is the most played league fixture" 

I think by the end of this season, Everton & Liverpool will have got to 198 leagues matches.

We're on 202 with Everton. So I think that record goes in about 3 seasons.

I'm not sure people want to hear "it's here again, England's most played fixture....the Merseyside Derby!!!!" instead.

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Rather that than

'One for the record books, this is the first time Aston Villa and Billericay Town have faced each other in a league fixture.

Billericay go into the game as slight favourites, but if we have deciphered these emojis correctly, we understand Dr Xia has made the team read Billy Elliott before kick off and is confident for all 3 points'

Edited by av1

As today is my day off, I'm going to do something really productive and positive, so if anyone would like to join me, I'll be visiting the Toys R Us at Merry Hill and smashing up all the Mr Potato Head figures.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

You know who we're going to get in the FA cup 3rd round don't ya?

Wow nearly 1000 pages of Steve Bruce.....

I am sure when we lose to Barnsley on Saturday (its on Sky - thats why we will lose), then that will be 2 points from a possible 9 from the last 3 games. Not good enough whoever the manager is.

I am sure there will have been some private enquiries going on to sound out a possible replacement. Businesses do this all the time - contingency planning.

At the time it was the right appointment whatever we now think, I am dissapointed to be back where we were 11 months ago with no progress. That has been the major issue for me.

VTID

Del

I said he needed 14 points from September for me to back him and for us to get closer to the chasing pack. He basically needs to win every game this month. If he drops points on Saturday then I would definitely sack him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I said he needed 14 points from September for me to back him and for us to get closer to the chasing pack. He basically needs to win every game this month. If he drops points on Saturday then I would definitely sack him.

I've been saying 12-15 points to my mates, so could still be achieved with 3 wins and ANOTHER draw, but that seems really unlikely. With the performances we've been served, I'd say Bruce is more likely to get 1 win, a couple of losses and another draw. Which would give us a total of 6 points. 

I just hope Dr Tony is sitting waiting to pull the trigger on Saturday evening after the game. The new manager/ caretaker can have a week of training and just oversee the League Cup game (which most of us would say is throwaway anyway, as the league is all that matters now)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This is where I think we are. 4 wins from the next 4 to save his job.

34 minutes ago, omariqy said:

This ., last chance saloon . 

Â