Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Same as MON. A rolling contract renews every day, so he always he 12 months remaining. 

So it doesn't matter if he's sacked today or next month, compensation will be 12 months. 

Maybe the club seriously can't afford to sack him then as would fall foul of FFP.

He's just got to go. 

I don't want Terry as manager in any way shape or form but I am certain he can do no worse in a caretaker role until such time as a suitable replacement becomes available. 

At least the 12 months rolling contract means we won't be taken to the cleaners like in the past with 2-3 years left on contracts. 

There is just no point in keeping him. He has absolutely no prospects whatsoever of turning it round. 

If anything he will hurt the club by continuing to instill negative play in the players.  The longer is continues the harder it will be for the new man to drag them out of their stupor. 

• Like 2

Hands down for me the worst manager in my lifetime late 80s. absolute awful and other managers are getting sacked for less

No chance we going up with this guy and going cost us a fortune the longer we wait

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Rolling contract means there is always 12 months left  as I understand it - so he would get a years pay off if sacked ? 

Correct - as with MON it is always 12 months remaining. Think of it as an indefinite contract with a 12 month's notice period. If we sack him, we have to pay him 12 months pay in lieu of notice.

Think of it another way - it would be really odd (but not beyond the realms of Aston Villa possibility) to have the manager's contract end in the middle of the season!

• Like 1

I can think of two explanations as to why he is still here:

Optimistic hat on

Xia and the crew are sounding out and scouting Bruce's replacement behind the scenes, so that once Bruce's sacking is complete, the new guy can be bought in with a minimum of fuss in a day or two with minimum disruption and we don't go through the usual fiasco of several days/weeks of speculation before appointing someone shite. 

Pessimistic hat on

He ain't getting sacked, we're screwed.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe the club seriously can't afford to sack him then as would fall foul of FFP.

If that's the case, then it would mean they chose to spend to the level they have in the knowledge that this would prevent them changing the manager.

That would be a remarkably poor piece of decision-making.

• Like 4

I think we will win Saturday and a few will return to supporting Bruce

I think we will have a decent run and the clamour for his head will lessen

I think we will hover around mid-table until it becomes obvious that promotion is not happening 

Bruce could be here until the end of the season 

another year wasted

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, hippo said:

Agreed - but in mid september there is no one decent available (if they were decent they would have got a club in the close season) - I don't see anyone in the touted names that inspires. Get the wrong bloke in now and we could write off next season as well as this. 

If I were Xia and Wyness I would hold fire and make the move when someone decent becomes available.  Or a likely chain of events is JT on a short term basis - with Pardew / Moyes stepping in if results don't improve.

There's a few decent managers out of work but we'd still be a big attraction to a lot of in work managers. If we wait any longer we write this year off. We need a change now to unite the fans as it's toxic really. Virtually all have lost faith in Bruce and think he won't  get us playing now as he's had 40+ games already and it's worse than RDM. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Dont think he will get sacked until at least the end of september...

Should have been sacked in february.

No he should have been sacked at the end of last season when it was clear he's not the right man for the job. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am beginning to think that they intend to keep him and hope that he improves. That can surely be the only reason they have not sacked him before now.

Xia could easily mean that it is an important month for gaining points. It is not necessarily a threat.

i don't think they will do that.....but i don't think he will get 15 games either.

24 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If Xia allows him a run of 11 games with 11 points, or close to it, after having 3/4 of last season, two transfer windows AND a pre-season, quite simply he needs to start taking the flak too. Surely you can't go from giving RDM 11 games to giving the new manager the same but, after 3/4 of a season and two transfer windows? He might just as well have kept RDM!

I thought RDM had 15 games?

Â