Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If not now, my thinking is when his rolling contract is up in October? Watch him now proceed to scraping 3  1-0 wins and screwing it up. Lol

Rolling contract means there is always 12 months left  as I understand it - so he would get a years pay off if sacked ? 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Rolling contract means there is always 12 months left . 

If I gain nothing else from the Bruce period, I'm happy I've learned today. I always thought a rolling contract meant it automatically went into another 12 months at the end..

I google'd it and you are correct. I just means there's always 12 months left. Thank you for the education, sir.

Edit: Just read another to say what I thought before is correct. I dunno' what to believe any more! Beer.

Edited by Sam3773

We are not getting anywhere near play offs with Bruce and I think it's obvious to see. The season can be rescued if we act quick and get the right appointment in, but for all that to happen is unlikely. Basically, it's another season down here then hopefully we can push on next year. Depressing,I know. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I really cant fathom why he's still here, should have gone end of last season.. everyone can see that he isn't capable. Even the people not calling for his head have pretty much admitted that we aren't going up this year and they just want Bruce to hang around because of stability. Sorry but that's no reason to keep hold of someone if there are no signs of improvement in a whole year.

I'm getting depressed more and more with each passing day where his sacking isn't announced. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I really cant fathom why he's still here, should have gone end of last season.. everyone can see that he isn't capable. Even the people not calling for his head have pretty much admitted that we aren't going up this year and they just want Bruce to hang around because of stability. Sorry but that's no reason to keep hold of someone if there are no signs of improvement in a whole year.

I'm getting depressed more and more with each passing day where his sacking isn't announced. 

Yeah it's getting hard to see what the benefit of him getting more time will be, he looks a million miles off getting us to play the kind of football required to go on the winning streak of the dimensions we need now. We really need to to do 10 unbeaten with at least 7 wins in there to be up there competing for 2nd. I have zero faith in his ability to do that and for every game he is in charge it's another week of seemingly useless coaching, poor result and the top of the league disappearing over the horizon. If we were on 7 points after 7 games but we'd completely bossed games and been unlucky, looked like a team at least, then I'd say give him time. We look nothing like though to be fair, so I really don't understand. Keep averaging 1 point a game for another 3 and we could be too far adrift again and have to write another season off. 

Next summer we will have to rebuild with no more prem parachute money to help. Really important to get him out now IMO.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I can't believe they are giving him more time. Another humiliation in front of the sky cameras then he will be sacked

I would hope he was set a points total to get this month and that hopefully  would have been a minimum of 12 from the 6 games so he's got a lot to do from here . 

Xia said it was a huge month and Bruce said he knew the consequences so defeat at Barnsley would surely spell the end .

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I would hope he was set a points total to get this month and that hopefully  would have been a minimum of 12 from the 6 games so he's got a lot to do from here . 

Xia said it was a huge month and Bruce said he knew the consequences so defeat at Barnsley would surely spell the end .

I am beginning to think that they intend to keep him and hope that he improves. That can surely be the only reason they have not sacked him before now.

Xia could easily mean that it is an important month for gaining points. It is not necessarily a threat.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Right now I just want to know one thing. what does his 12 month rolling contract mean? 

If he really does come to end in a few weeks that would make sense why he hasn't been sacked yet.  We probably have no money left to pay compensation. 

Same as MON. A rolling contract renews every day, so he always he 12 months remaining. 

So it doesn't matter if he's sacked today or next month, compensation will be 12 months. 

Â