Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, vreitti said:

Yeah well we're way past the discussion about the 'quality of football' as far as I'm concerned. The results have been dreadful since January,  that's 29 games. How much longer do we have to wait?

Until the powers that be deem it a reasonable decision, by them.....i suspect it won't be long.

They are the ones that have to deal with the financial consequences of failure, so they are best placed to make it.

The biggest worry for me, is getting it right next time.

• Like 1

Here's an interesting stat that was brought up on Radio WMs phone in last night:

This calendar year in 2017 Bruce has 29 games and only got 34 points.

I'm sorry but that's simply not acceptable for any club let alone one that has aspirations for a top 2 finish.

Absolutely shocking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Until the powers that be deem it a reasonable decision, by them.....i suspect it won't be long.

They are the ones that have to deal with the financial consequences of failure, so they are best placed to make it.

The biggest worry for me, is getting it right next time.

This.

Xia and Wyness will know this. And I think the longer they defer making a decision the more chance that they will keep him.

It's easier to fire the first guy, you simply made a mistake as we all do.

The more guys you hire and fire, the more it looks like you don't know what you're doing.

This isn't about just Bruce anymore. The competency of those who recommend managers is on the line. Firing him is an admission you got this appointment disastrously wrong too and thus Bruce's fate is bound up with their professional reputations.

No wonder that trigger is so slow-moving.

• Like 2

Â