Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Can't work out why but this thread isn't as tiresome, boring and repetitive as last week.

Lots of well articulated opinions and honest debate, its quite lovely to be honest.

Just can't put my finger on what is different. 

No doubt winning takes some of the sting out of some of them too. Lol

Also, good results for us tonight, Brentford losing and Fulham drawing.

Only if we continue winning though.

• Like 1

If we keep winning I'll go into hope mode. Whenever that happens it tends to be rectified by general misery. May it finally end. Gwan Bruce, take us up. If not now then next year.

We deserve some bloody Happiness.

• Like 4

We clearly are a huge club at this level.  We almost certainly have the most expensive roster.  We are getting results (recently) but the first two were true when we weren't getting results.

I'm thrilled with our run and our results, but I still fear it's a false dawn.

• Like 2

I thought that on Saturday we comfortably won without ever looking like we would wallop them. We were competent against what I felt was a very average team. What frustrates me greatly is the fact that this very average Sheffield Wednesday team are actually 6th, which suggests that if we had managed to be average this season we would have easily made the play offs. With our extremely expensively created squad that should have been a walk in the park. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You just can't start a season the way we did and make the play offs.

The 2 bad spells we had saw us win 1 in a combined 19 games , they have killed our chances - next season we need a good start to give us momentum .

• Like 3

I think consistency is quite important as even teams in the playoffs have lost a decent number of games, it's just that they were spread out and the 'rot' didn't seem to set in like our August,September and October did. We've won 12, drawn 12 and lost 13... that simply isn't good enough, but as soon as you think 'we were close to winning probably 6-8 of those draws' then the picture looks better. Leeds, Reading and Sheffield Weds have all lost 11 games, just two less than us, so 6 points. The real reason we've 'struggled' is failing to convert those draws to wins, something which (with a blip at the start of this year) Steve Bruce has seemingly been helping to do. We're not the finished article, but if we can be at this stage next year having won a number of games in the high teens or low 20s then we'll be well away. Something I think will be possible.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, striker said:

Bruce's comments on Richards was more to do with trying to be complementary in the media about the player rather than actually wanting to play him? 

Exactly. I think it was so clearly complete nonsense, that it can only have been man management and maybe trying to preserve some value. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Can't work out why but this thread isn't as tiresome, boring and repetitive as last week.

Lots of well articulated opinions and honest debate, its quite lovely to be honest.

Just can't put my finger on what is different. 

Wins.........they make Transition so much more civilised.

I don't see the current style of football that we are witnessing as reflective of what the manager wants.i see it as a means to an end to build resilience to restore confidence to secure wins.

Its all about priority.

I read Terry's(tini) posts with interest and he is beside himself with the style of play.....if it was the finished article so would I be.

This team will develop in to something credible and worth watching, but not just yet......culture takes time to change as does belief.

it is clear Steve has focussed on the lack of physical attribute in the team, we have been a soft touch for years.....that had to be addressed......but while you are trying to hone those elements it's difficult to concentrate on the finer points at the same time.....its called development......I.e gradual improvement.

What Terry sees is not good and we all know that. My salvation is I am absolutely sure this regime will deliver a watchable team that wins.

just like Brexit.......we have to wait patiently

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

The start we could have recovered from. It was post Christmas that did us. Looking back there really was little hope, having to bed in 2 new teams. 

However I'm really optimistic of next year now we have some stability at last. No matter what you think of Bruce's tactics he can deliver results. Even from a standing start that will be enough I think.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, blandy said:

Exactly. I think it was so clearly complete nonsense, that it can only have been man management and maybe trying to preserve some value. 

The caveat of being fit is very important because he seemingly has very high standards and knows full well that Richards is very unlikely to match them. 

It's an 'experienced' comment really, I'd say.

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The start we could have recovered from. It was post Christmas that did us. Looking back there really was little hope, having to bed in 2 new teams. 

However I'm really optimistic of next year now we have some stability at last. No matter what you think of Bruce's tactics he can deliver results. Even from a standing start that will be enough I think.

Exactly, if we had continued on that "2 points per game" when Bruce came in, or even 1.5 for that matter. We wouldn't be here!

1 hour ago, TRO said:

just like Brexit.......we have to wait patiently

What, slowly heading towards a prolonged period of massive upheaval and uncertainty after being sold a bunch of lies by those in charge? 

I hope it's not like Brexit!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We certainly could have - the second bad spell killed it completely.  Of course, much better if you're entirely consistent over the whole season...

...2017/18 B)

• Like 1

Â