Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He has done well to buck the trend and with a solid finish to the season deserves to enjoy his summer holiday before our promotion charge in August .2718632700000578-0-image-a-11_1427667742

........Contentment:)

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would have thought he could afford some aftersun though ;)

must have been hell sleeping with sunburn.

She's quite a fit Girl.....is our "Sunburn"

I don't know.......... these modern Girls names.:huh:

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Better than those critics HARPing on about Bruce ;)

we better stop this or we will be accused of Viola...ting the site:(

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He has done well to buck the trend and with a solid finish to the season deserves to enjoy his summer holiday before our promotion charge in August .2718632700000578-0-image-a-11_1427667742

Auditioning for "Benidorm".......just in case.:)

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

we better stop this or we will be accused of Viola...ting the site:(

Agreed - whatever his managerial ability I think we'd all agree Bruce is a very good cello with an f ;)

anyway must go now and have coffee and a cream horn :)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

So with McClaren sacked I wonder what @Richard thinks of the Bruce/McClaren comparison now. 

For better or worse our club have shown stability in backing and then sticking with their guy who has in return seemingly turned things around. Derby on the other hand have bottled it, frankly. Or worse, he's lost the dressing room already. 

With changes at derby and Norwich we have a few more months stability on both with much of our transfer business already done whereas both of those competitors will probably see a lot of upheaval in the summer - as we've seen it can take time to gel and a settled side and system stands us in good stead come august.

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So with McClaren sacked I wonder what @Richard thinks of the Bruce/McClaren comparison now. 

For better or worse our club have shown stability in backing and then sticking with their guy who has in return seemingly turned things around. Derby on the other hand have bottled it, frankly. Or worse, he's lost the dressing room already. 

Where has @Richard gone?! I miss his input!

I wonder if after the bad start to the year, fans including myself having doubts, and after everyone getting excited about a great win yesterday, Steve Bruce smiles confidently and says " Pipe down you lot. We are only getting started."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Can't see how that can be as we are top of the form guide with 12 points from those 5 games and Fulham are 2nd with 11 points.

nobody in the division has taken more points in the last 5 games than villa so it's impossible to say we are a point closer to the relegation zone .

Check out League Table for Feb 28th

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2016-2017/table/2017-02-28

I was wrong, but we have moved a massive whole point away from the relegation zone, so those 4 wins are massive.

I think the week before we were 8 points of relegation.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Didn't Derby have a massive drop in form the last time McLaren was there?

I suppose we may see exactly how good or otherwise Rosetta is as a manager now.

Â