Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, Godders said:

What, slowly heading towards a prolonged period of massive upheaval and uncertainty after being sold a bunch of lies by those in charge? 

I hope it's not like Brexit!

And splitting us into two separate teams playing in different leagues.

Yeah - sorry TRO, that's a terrible analogy!

5 hours ago, striker said:

@terrytini Do you not think Bruce's comments on Richards was more to do with trying to be complementary in the media about the player rather than actually wanting to play him? 

Bruce couldn't come out in the media and say that he doesn't have a future here because Richards is totally shot? That would have totally killed any chance of getting rid, even on loan and would have alienated yet another player from the manager.

It certainly looks that way now, thank goodness, but one wasn't to know that at the time, it was quite a big 'thumbs up' when he said it.

4 hours ago, Godders said:

What, slowly heading towards a prolonged period of massive upheaval and uncertainty after being sold a bunch of lies by those in charge? 

I hope it's not like Brexit!

Blimey, you are unlucky......villa fan and remoaner.

just kidding mate.....I wished I hadn't mentioned it:)

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

And splitting us into two separate teams playing in different leagues.

Yeah - sorry TRO, that's a terrible analogy!

Sorry, I was just using the comparison of waiting for something to come good.....as I believe it was a good analogy.

but yes, I do accept not everyone will agree, so I am with you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

To be honest, with the quality in this league and squad we have, we should be in the automatic places next season.

I thought that this season.

And I fear for next season. I sincerely hope you guys who are convinced that Bruce can take us up next season are right, because if we do not go up next season our future could be very bleak.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You just can't start a season the way we did and make the play offs.

I respectfully disagree with you. Its been done before and we were within touching distance until Kodjia went off to the AFCON

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I thought that this season.

And I fear for next season. I sincerely hope you guys who are convinced that Bruce can take us up next season are right, because if we do not go up next season our future could be very bleak.

Relax - lie back have a cigar and and brandy and leave it all to Brucie ;)

• Like 2

12 of the 30 promoted sides from the championship have picked up less than eight points from a possible 15, and six won only one of their opening five games, so I don't think a bad start is necessarily fatal. We lost any chance because of our second bad run!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Got any real life examples?

I did a lot of research into this over Christmas. I can't remember the exact numbers now, but circa 25 teams who were outside the promotion places at Christmas went on to finish in the playoff spots. Some further away than we were. 

It wasn't unprecedented, even slightly. However, none of them had a 14 player turnover in January so far as I know. 

Oh well, shit happens. Moving on. 

53 minutes ago, PaulC said:

12 of the 30 promoted sides from the championship have picked up less than eight points from a possible 15, and six won only one of their opening five games, so I don't think a bad start is necessarily fatal. We lost any chance because of our second bad run!

Not really, it was a combination of the two. If we had averaged 2 points a game over the first 10 games we'd be in touch distance now too. 

We won't be promoted because we weren't good enough over 46 games. Simple as that really.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not really, it was a combination of the two. If we had averaged 2 points a game over the first 10 games we'd be in touch distance now too. 

We won't be promoted because we weren't good enough over 44 games. Simple as that really.

Were we good enough for 2 games then?!

• Like 2

Â