Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The first half at Burton is a depressing reminder of what a typical Bruce performance looks like.  ?

^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly this. It is that bad i have switched off watching it.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

More shit football and no meaningful foundations being laid, this is what I expect from Bruce this season. I really, really hope he is replaced within the next 10 days.

This is why we need a change now.

Fresh imputus, fresh ideas, fresh style of play.

• Like 3

Ita not all about the style of football, but the way we are set up. The way we turn the ball over, it's either rushed or too slow, the build up is erratic, we seem to have no real plan other than give it to Grealish. We seem tactically inept compared to Burton, who are set up better.

If we can utilise the ball better, the football will get better. We're closing in on 2 years with Bruce, and apart from that 7 game streak (where we still had some poor performances) I've not seen anything to suggest we will look to control games and use the ball well, or that our players know each other.

• Like 2

Just watched most of the first half and we seem very sloppy with just doing basic stuff.  Part of me thinks that we need stability right now as the new board takes control but part of me thinks that this season will probably be about getting ffp in order so why not get in a new guy who can begin to lay a proper blueprint for an AVFC brand of football from top to bottom....the more I watch us struggle with Burton Albion, the more the latter option sounds appealing.

Plus points though are that Grealish and Chester both started.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

“I made myself clear two weeks ago when I said, ‘Look, whatever the state the club is in I think it needs me’. - Steve Bruce

:crylaugh:

The lad’s got a future in stand up

• Like 1

I never wanted Bruce, I hate his "style" I hate the football, results haven't been good enough to justify his "brand" of football. But I do not think we are in the right place to fire him and hire someone that wants to change the style of play (unless we are allowed to spend cash). We are stuck with so many players, that we just aren't able to add to the club, so now is not the right time to implement a better and new style, as we simply don't have the players or the optione to sign players for it. Sadly, I would stick with Bruce, as he has proven himself good at anti football, but I would seriously limit what he could sign, short term contracts only and also inform him that his rolling contract is finished next season (if that is possible to do). Thierry Henry is also a serious gamble, can't see him working successfully with Hutton, Whelan, Jedinak and Co. can imagine him likiing players with more flair and creativity. 

This is from someone that has wanted Bruce out the second we got him, have always hated him as a manager, and will always continue to do so. 

Edited by Chicken Field

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

One thing I did notice in his interview, was that he kept referring to “The new owners” and never the anything like the new investment. Xia wasn’t mentioned either, thankfully!

Insightful! I missed that. Cheers.

Â