Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

If we've got money to spend then I wouldn't trust Bruce with it.

If we have 0 money but want to have a 5 year plan and a new style of football I wouldn't trust Bruce with it.

But if we're not really sure what direction to go in due to FFP then I'd stick with Bruce for another year till it they can figure out what to do.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we have 0 money but want to have a 5 year plan and a new style of football I wouldn't trust Bruce with it.

But if we're not really sure what direction to go in due to FFP then I'd stick with Bruce for another year till it they can figure out what to do.

I suspect the third option is where we are at. 

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We paid well over the odds for Hogan but aside from that I think he has done well in terms of money spent. Hourihane, Lansbury, Bree, Bjarnason, Elmo, Whelan cost a combined 11 mill. Also picked up Terry and Samba on frees. Taylor came in a swap with Ayew and a few mil our way.

The issue for me has not been in who he signed but in not quite getting enough out of them as the squad he assembled was good enough to get promotion last season.

I am so far on the fence in terms of Bruce I have splinters ingrained in my arse. I can see the sense in keeping him and also see the justification in getting rid. I guess the deciding factor would be who we would replace him with.

The fence is where it's at. Enjoy the view.

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I’d like to think that they already have an idea what to do. I think these people are serious and they wouldn’t enter into this without giving one of our most serious problems, i.e. ffp, considerable thought. Part of any conclusion that they may have come to, would inevitably include the manager. It sounds as if all, or at least more, will be revealed on Tuesday. 

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not sure whether I want Bruce to go or not to by honest. Can see it from both sides and I agree with points from both sides.

This is where I am, I think sensibly that he should probably stay, but wouldn't be overly bothered if he didn't (although cautious whether we'd actually get anyone better) 

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

The nobody would touch Villa with a barge pole argument. Have you heard the news?

Well he did say we wouldn't attract no one, clever use of a double negative to trick you. 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

.. More importantly, I just don't see a good enough replacement out there. Also we have no money to spend next season, so we wouldn't attract no one. The season after we may have more interest from managers, if we go down the line of replacing Bruce for whatever reason. 

• Haha 1

Never wanted Bruce in the first place. Still do not want him. He has failed in my view, predominantly because of his negative approach. I have to admit though that  I do now have massive respect for him as a person. I really think that he is a very decent human being. Therefore, despite the fact that I still want him to go, I will still be a bit sad at the departing of a very decent man.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting article in the sun with Bruce saying he might be gone he doesn’t know but early talk s with new owners representatives have been positive. I guess we know by next week.

Just read the article. He is still making out we over achieved last season. He must really believe that we did. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Interesting article in the sun with Bruce saying he might be gone he doesn’t know but early talk s with new owners representatives have been positive. I guess we know by next week.

Don’t know why they would wait to Tuesday to let him go through if they were going to. Why waste 5 or 6 days. Maybe trying to convince someone else and Bruce is backup

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just read the article. He is still making out we over achieved last season. He must really believe that we did. 

If he speaks to the new owners with the same tone you'd think they would be asking questions whether he's the right man for it.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Have we ever had anyone french at the club who has done anything approaching adequate:-

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

Utterly ridiculous argument. Personally, I'm not much in favour of appointing Henry - but not because he happens to be French! 

Â