Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry, would you prefer Nigel Adkins?

Nigel Adkins has a Premier League promotion on his belt. WTF has Thierry Henry got expect being a bland pundit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Someone who knows Bruce well who I worked for at OUFC ..... was/is close to walking being sacked whatever .... 

Put it this easy would you wanna keep him or go for your own choice ? Lampard went to Derby who are broke.... Gerrard went to Rangers who are broke .... just saying no money doesn’t mean we should stick with Bruce ... 

I think there is more of a chance of him going now we have new investors. If they are going to do it, lets get it down so the new manager can have time to work with players before Hull.

• Like 1

Sadly I think this will be exit fir Bruce now. I think this would be madness with the season so close now. 

I would be expecting a big name if this was the case. Would not mind Henry to be honest. He has so many links that could only help

• Like 1

I don't want us to be in another RDM situation where Bruce is allowed to spend money in this window, then given 6 games to do something good or he will get the boot. Then when he undoubtedly under performs we will most likely be left with a load of players that won't suit the next manager's style of play. I there is any doubt about his position from the new owners they should act now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't want us to be in another RDM situation where Bruce is allowed to spend money in this window, then given 6 games to do something good or he will get the boot. Then when he undoubtedly under performs we will most likely be left with a load of players that won't suit the next manager's style of play. I there is any doubt about his position from the new owners they should act now.

Bruce had spent enough on turds. Whatever money we do have to spend with new owners and FFP, he shouldn’t be the one to spend it.

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't think we can spend much money due to FFP - at best its a couple @ £3m , free's and loans 

We can't rebuild the team with "old experienced heads" as Bruce always tries to do. We have to start building a younger more vibrant team. Another year of senior players "sorting it out on the pitch on match day" has to be off the agenda totally.

The new Villa project starts today, and it needs a new managerial mindset.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nigel Adkins has a Premier League promotion on his belt. WTF has Thierry Henry got expect being a bland pundit

That handball still stings eh? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That handball still stings eh? ?

More the shit punditry and like idiots like Giggs and Campbell is not deserving of a top job ?

Edited by Zatman

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

Genuine question .... Do you think that he can radically change his methods and football philosophy?

Nah. I don't. I'd honestly rather have a more forward thinking manager who will try and stamp a new footballing philosophy on the squad, integrating the youth players with a remit of challenging for promotion within 4 or 5 years. Do some proper building. 

But I think the new owners will look how close to promotion we were last season and stick with Bruce.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

More the shit punditry and like idiots like Giggs and Campbell is not deserving of a top job ?

Nah I'm just pulling your leg fella. I actually agree with you re Henry. I think people just get swept away by a 'name sometimes and forget about a lack of experience and actual management nous.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said a combo of Wenger & Henry.. not solely Henry.

If we want to contrast it like that then yeah a bland pundit who's been assistant manager to a 3rd place world cup team and a manager who has a few premier league titles, a few FA cups and in the Champions League for 20+ years..

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We can't rebuild the team with "old experienced heads" as Bruce always tries to do. We have to start building a younger more vibrant team. Another year of senior players "sorting it out on the pitch on match day" has to be off the agenda totally.

The new Villa project starts today, and it needs a new managerial mindset.

Hear,Hear.

Â