Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

He is a nice person who's been through a tough time of late. Some of the abuse he's received never say right with me, but I'm sure he's thick skinned. More importantly, I just don't see a good enough replacement out there. Also we have no money to spend next season, so we wouldn't attract no one. The season after we may have more interest from managers, if we go down the line of replacing Bruce for whatever reason. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on mate bruce might have not been everyone's cup of tea with his style.of play but his attitude and class has been nothing short of first class. Losing bith his parents and still attending games. What a guy 

True. I can’t dispute that. 

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Already posted I think but this just goes to say how big a deal this is that someone in the game like Bruce can see the opportunity here and see how much bigger it is than him. Fair play. 

“The new broom always sweeps clean. I hope I’m given the opportunity. First and foremost I think what’s great about the whole thing is the club. Managers and players come and go but for the club itself it’s great news for everybody concerned.”

Bruce is  a top geezer one of our most likeable managers in years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

I agree, didn't want him at first as hated him at Liverpool (Might do with a Liverpool supporting ex mind) but you could see there was a plan and he was trying to change things.

I think if given the chance he would have turned the club around and given us a base to work off just like Taylor Mk I did all those years ago.

Whatever happened to McCallisters career too, for all intents and purposes he did well when he was in charge.

Edited by Tommo_b

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Have we ever had anyone french at the club who has done anything approaching adequate:-

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

Henry has got disaster written all over it - sure he has worked with Wenger  and has recent WC experience - but look at Ole gunner wotsit, he had all them years under fergie and totally bombed in management.

Mathieu Berson

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Already posted I think but this just goes to say how big a deal this is that someone in the game like Bruce can see the opportunity here and see how much bigger it is than him. Fair play. 

“The new broom always sweeps clean. I hope I’m given the opportunity. First and foremost I think what’s great about the whole thing is the club. Managers and players come and go but for the club itself it’s great news for everybody concerned.”

That to me says that he realises his days are numbered.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not sure whether I want Bruce to go or not to by honest. Can see it from both sides and I agree with points from both sides.

Think we have keep for moment but not give him big cash. If gets us up challenging he can continue but struggling we can release him around christmas

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He is a nice person who's been through a tough time of late. Some of the abuse he's received never say right with me, but I'm sure he's thick skinned. More importantly, I just don't see a good enough replacement out there. Also we have no money to spend next season, so we wouldn't attract no one. The season after we may have more interest from managers, if we go down the line of replacing Bruce for whatever reason. 

The nobody would touch Villa with a barge pole argument. Have you heard the news?

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I agree, and yes I have. Terrible news isn't it . what was it? Another 45 days of sunshine. 

And just when you’d bought a container load of umbrellas. That really is terrible news. 

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That to me says that he realises his days are numbered.

Let's hope so, because he could be the nicest man in the World, but that isn't going to get us in the Premier league, unfortunately, and,tbh, going on last season, neither is his style of football.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's hope so, because he could be the nicest man in the World, but that isn't going to get us in the Premier league, unfortunately, and,tbh, going on last season, neither is his style of football.

His style has got teams up in the past. 

Â