Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The elephant in the room that nobody on this forum is addressing is that if we sack the manager while we have no CEO or DOF, the manager hunt will be led by two people who have owned a football club for less than a week. d they even know the names of any football managers?

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

The elephant in the room that nobody on this forum is addressing is that if we sack the manager while we have no CEO or DOF, the manager hunt will be led by two people who have owned a football club for less than a week. d they even know the names of any football managers?

And the season soon about to start. I just can't see Bruce being replaced unless they have someone already lined up to come in straight away. Even then it is an act of self harm when the last guy was one win away from promotion. For anybody new to this league, they will be all about the stats and Bruce will make a very good case to be retained. Next summer, if we don't go up, and FFP sorted and some room to wriggle it may be a different story. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah that's a good point. I can't see Bruce going now. There's going be a big transition at the club now with new board staff coming in etc, would probably be too much change to replace the manager too.

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

It's almost like no other manager in the world is capable of doing this. 

Who was the last Villa manager to do it? 

Probably McLeish that was 7 years ago

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Who was the last Villa manager to do it? 

Probably McLeish that was 7 years ago

More to do with the shit state of the club than the manager(s) in question. All of the managers we have had have been decent elsewhere, in the last seven years its only after the Xia takeover and the clear out of the deadwood (that we seem to be able to obtain a plentiful supply of) did things start to come together.

If the only reason for keeping Bruce is that "he unites the dressing room" then lord help us. It certainly isn't the football and it certainly isn't a guarantee of promotion.

FWIW I don't recall there being noises about a divided dressing room under De Matteo. I could be wrong and would be interested in any articles that could be provided to prove it was?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One would hope they have people in mind and are already working with those who will be part of the new set up even thou they are as of yet formally employed in those positions.

If they just bought the club willy nilly then I agree it would be worrying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sne said:

One would hope they have people in mind and are already working with those who will be part of the new set up even thou they are as of yet formally employed in those positions.

If they just bought the club willy nilly then I agree it would be worrying.

Agree. You’d like to think they would also have their people do a lot of research before investing to advise of the current state and if any immediate change of manager was needed and even possible in such short timescales. 

As far as we know they might even have a whole team of people from CEO to manager already lined up as part of the takeover. 

Edit: I just pretty much repeated what you said didn’t I? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. You’d like to think they would also have their people do a lot of research before investing to advise of the current state and if any immediate change of manager was needed and even possible in such short timescales. 

As far as we know they might even have a whole team of people from CEO to manager already lined up as part of the takeover. 

Edit: I just pretty much repeated what you said didn’t I? 

You did... ?

And I think you are both right. I can't see these two jumping in without their eyes wide open and a plan in play. They don't strike me as the types to potter around in the championship. Hold on tight lads, we could be in for a wild ride here. 

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

Considering there is a high chance we will lose some of our better players and that it's unlikely we will be able to spend any money on replacements, then it may be fair to assume we would be very fortunate to be challenging this season. 

This would be the ideal time to replace Bruce if this is the case. It would be giving the replacement a whole season to start the process of changing our playing style. 

I guess it all boils down the the expectations of the new owners and fans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not sure if serious...

I think they'll be straight with Bruce when they meet him. If they firmly believe they want to go in a different direction, which is their prerogative, they are majority shareholders now..then i think Bruce leaves Tuesday's meeting no longer managing Aston Villa .

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has a point very valid one

We are just football fans and We know the names of managers. lol

These guys "claim" they are lifelong football fans.

Aside from that they have vast sports experience.

You think they are just googling Football managers names?

I'm pretty certain at the very least they have advisors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are just football fans and We know the names of managers. lol

These guys "claim" they are lifelong football fans.

Aside from that they have vast sports experience.

You think they are just googling Football managers names?

I'm pretty certain at the very least they have advisors.

Lerner said he was a football fan so did Xia. How that work out

Neither had a clue

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You mean Keith Wyness and Steve Round didn't have a clue then?

Well, clearly not, but that's beside the point ?

These guys know their stuff. They will have names in mind.

*edit* the Steve Round sacking would have been well into their negotiation period wouldn't  it? Wondering they were behind it?

Edited by TheStagMan

Â