Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Have we ever had anyone french at the club who has done anything approaching adequate:-

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

Henry has got disaster written all over it - sure he has worked with Wenger  and has recent WC experience - but look at Ole gunner wotsit, he had all them years under fergie and totally bombed in management.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hippo said:

Have we ever had anyone french at the club who has done anything approaching adequate:-

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

Henry has got disaster written all over it - sure he has worked with Wenger  and has recent WC experience - but look at Ole gunner wotsit, he had all them years under fergie and totally bombed in management.

You can never trust the French to dig you out of a hole ?He could be brilliant, but in my eyes, it's too much of a gamble. Great exposure for the club, but we don't need exposure. 

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

Make sure you don't generalize ?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

Quite funny considering he was wanted by so many on here all them years ago.

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I can’t tell if this is a joke or serious ha.

Martinez is for some reason highly respected and people love his style of football. 

There's no denying that Belgium were the best team to watch at the World cup, and with a bit more luck would most likely have gone on to win it.

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

Garde

Vertout

Didier Six

Ginola

No offense but basing an argument on nationality is both lazy and frankly quite stupid.

• Like 1

Last season past by in a haze of mainly basic negative football. The problem as I saw it was that despite the evidence of our own eyes, we remained close enough to the target of promotion, for most of us to give Bruce the benefit of the doubt. Ultimately we fell short.

Today's performance at Burton was a microcosm of last season's football. We were woeful in the first half and somehow managed to go in at half time with a one goal lead, even though we could and perhaps should have been 3-1 down.

The second half was lifted by some individual moments of excellence .... by individuals, rather than a cohesive team performance.

We are now fully aware of what sort of football will be played under Bruce next season, and I think we have to be totally realistic about the outcome of another 46 games of "Brucie football".

I wish Steve Bruce well in his future endeavours, but we need to open a new chapter in Villa's story. SB's coaching and management is simply not good enough to get us to where we have to go.

It's not pretty, I'll admit that. Personally, I think Bruce has been pretty loyal to the club, and I genuinely think his heart is right into the club. There has been a lot of turmoil at the club, and he's taken it on the chin and stood firm. That doesn't mean he gets a free pass, but I'm struggling to see who could come in, and work wonders with no cash. Keep most of the players, and a few decent loans, and it may not be a bad season. If we keep Grealish and Chester, then expectations will be high again. If Bruce stays, then he won't be wasting any money next season that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That could have worked out so well. 

I agree, didn't want him at first as hated him at Liverpool (Might do with a Liverpool supporting ex mind) but you could see there was a plan and he was trying to change things.

I think if given the chance he would have turned the club around and given us a base to work off just like Taylor Mk I did all those years ago.

No matter what you think about bruce as a manager the guys a gentleman saying its not important that the owners sort the club out then it is for them to meet him straightaway as managers come and go. It's the club and fans that always stay

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's no denying that Belgium were the best team to watch at the World cup, and with a bit more luck would most likely have gone on to win it.

They were good but completely out played by Brazil and hit on the break. Brazil got robbed. 

But Belgium were also impressive.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No matter what you think about bruce as a manager the guys a gentleman saying its not important that the owners sort the club out then it is for them to meet him straightaway as managers come and go. It's the club and fans that always stay

I don’t even know what he said but from reading this I hope you never play a game of poker with Bruce. ;)

Â