Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You don't have to be 'Bruce in' or 'Bruce out' you know.

I think you do. You either think he's good enough to get this team promoted or you don't. I don't. I'm not sure what the middle ground is given he's been in the job long enough now to form an opinion either way. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Poor comments from Bruce about hysteria and criticism in his post match interview- let's get this straight , the criticism is fully deserved based on what we've witnessed in the 11 months , tonight he deserves praise as does the team but these cheap shots at the critics do him no favours . 

He was criticized fairly based on results and performances - today he has done the job and if he carries on doing his job well it then he will get praise .

if he does  a shit job he must expect and be able to handle criticizm ! 

He can't help himself can he? It's almost as if he now doesn't want us to like him.

What a tool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think you do. You either think he's good enough to get this team promoted or you don't. I don't. I'm not sure what the middle ground is given he's been in the job long enough now to form an opinion either way. 

The middle ground is undecided. Pretty straightforward tbf. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Chuffed? Is this a joke?

We're 13th in the league, when he's had a year in the job, and has spent a huge amount of money.

Those two 'big wins' were against Barnsley and Norwich. Two teams that'll be content with midtable finishes this season. The other 3 were a disappointing draw against Brentford, who'll be aiming to avoid relegation, and a couple of draws against teams that'll be hoping to be around the top half, but probably not in the playoffs. By the way, can you remind me of how many of those games we looked like the better team?

I genuinely can't see how that can be spun as a good run of form. We should be expecting to be aiming for the top couple, or settling for playoffs.

I agree with your post, it's a shame we have to settle for the "13th in mid September" trophy. I do think that had the competition not ended at this point we might have done better considering we're on an unbeaten run and have our best players coming back from injury. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest, we were lucky.  2 gifts and a free header.

There was still no tempo to our play, we were out fought and often out thought by a Barnsley side who have lost 19 players in the last year and are rebuilding their third side.  We should be winning these games easy, don't buy into Bruce's spin, we did what we should be doing today but we had a huge helping hand.

I feel for those posting the "some posters have gone quiet" rubbish in the match thread.  It's nice to win but in the longer term I am not sure it helps the club build what Tony claims is his future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Good win but hasn't changed my opinion.

One win shouldn't do that but you also shouldn't be afraid to change your mind if the circumstances change.

Just to clarify, I'm not speaking about you personally but rather saying that in general. 

For me, I've been about 90%, maybe a bit more that he should go.

The only reason I've not been 100% is the further upheaval it would cause and there being no assurance that the new guy will fare any better.

I think Bruce has the capability to get us promoted, he certainly has the players to do so. I don't think it would be pretty, but frankly I don't care. I think he can do it.

The problem is, based on the past 11 months, I'm just unconvinced he will get us promoted.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Chuffed? Is this a joke?

We're 13th in the league, when he's had a year in the job, and has spent a huge amount of money.

Those two 'big wins' were against Barnsley and Norwich. Two teams that'll be content with midtable finishes this season. The other 3 were a disappointing draw against Brentford, who'll be aiming to avoid relegation, and a couple of draws against teams that'll be hoping to be around the top half, but probably not in the playoffs. By the way, can you remind me of how many of those games we looked like the better team?

I genuinely can't see how that can be spun as a good run of form. We should be expecting to be aiming for the top couple, or settling for playoffs.

I agree with the sentiment, but you seriously think Norwich will settle for mid table and Middlesboro will be hoping to be in the top half but probably not the playoffs? 

Â