Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

See the Small Heath thread for background.

Yes, I did almost immediately after writing his.  For the first and last time ever in my life. lol 

Read Bruce's after match comments. Apparently he has always played with 2 strikers at other clubs - really?!

Said that last night was his first opportunity to play two up top since being at Villa, again, really?!?!

He's full of nonsense, but I'm sure if he now strings some wins together, we'll put up with it! 

It's a good win but this is the sort of result we should expect against teams like Barnsley. Key now is to build on this result and play with more intensity and aggression, rather than sitting back and letting the opposition play (like we did in the first half). Regardless of this result though, I do not see promotion under Bruce and I'd also say that his post match comments have shown what a petty little man he is and will only perpetuate an unhealthy relationship with sections of the fans, rather than use this as an opportunity to nip it in the bud, it's not going to end well for him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, yes, when there is something shit, worth hating, we will hate, and no amount of sanctimonious crap like this will stop us.

It was a lighthearted GIF. I know you're upset because we won, but lighten up. 

And do you honestly "hate" him!? What a strong word for a man who is just trying to do a job. Yes, he's not doing it all that well, and he's clearly aimed a dig or two back at some of the fans, but "worth hating". Grow up. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

There is nothing to justify - over the past 11 months results have spoken very vocally for themselves. 

The point was that even when we're playing well, scoring goals, restricting the opposition and controlling a game people still say that's it's crap, not good enough etc.

I don't ever recall a manager sniping at the fans before and I've seen plenty, good, bad and indifferent. To me this indicates that either he knows he's on the way out,  so he's getting some digs in before he goes, or he's a pathetic self centred idiot. Or of course both!

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I don't ever recall a manager sniping at the fans before and I've seen plenty, good, bad and indifferent. To me this indicates that either he knows he's on the way out,  so he's getting some digs in before he goes, or he's a pathetic self centred idiot. Or of course both!

In what world are you allowed to give someone abuse and then when it is given back say it is completely out of order? Yeah he gets paid a lot but that doesn't alter it for me anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

My money is on both!

1 minute ago, Genie said:

The point was that even when we're playing well, scoring goals, restricting the opposition and controlling a game people still say that's it's crap, not good enough etc.

Because we finished 13th!  

46 games like yesterday and no one will moan. 

Its not a single result that matters, it's wether you can put them together week in week out

win consistently and that will shut everyone up - don't crow about the first decent result in weeks against a team that cost a fraction of ours and that we should be beating all day long

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Because we finished 13th!  

46 games like yesterday and no one will moan. 

Its not a single result that matters, it's wether you can put them together week in week out

win consistently and that will shut everyone up - don't crow about the first decent result in weeks against a team that cost a fraction of ours and that we should be beating all day long

Did the season just finish and we only managed 13th?

Theres a lot of very sensitive souls on here isn't there who are quite frankly making crap up. SB mentioned that Villa are in crisis, that's not exactly "crowing" is it?

Again, the point was about the game yesterday and people feeling they had to say it was a crap result. Can't bring themselves to be happy about it. It's quite sad.

This thread was unanimous that we needed a change, but after draws and recently some clean sheets. We were waiting for the knock out blow of a devastating loss and nobody would care to see him sacked. But we got a 0-3 away win instead. He is now surely in the job for a fair bit longer. It has become a loveless marriage of convenience and we ain't gonna get on with him, but there are so many positives in this squad now it would be a very risky time to swap managers. 

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce has every right to stick it to those who were not only criticising his management but also posting countless highly personal insults regarding his weight and his appearance.

Nope, it just leads to an unhealthy tit for tat dynamic, he needed to use this win to take the steam out of it, instead he did the opposite. Small minded man. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Theres a lot of very sensitive souls on here isn't there who are quite frankly making crap up. SB mentioned that Villa are in crisis, that's not exactly "crowing" is it?

If you listen to his interview, you will understand that he said we're in crisis in the same way that he also says we're boring and horrible to watch.  He is saying it ironically, as a way of suggesting his critics are wrong.  Again, it's in the context of saying that criticism of the style of play and the results is an example of "mass hysteria".

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did the season just finish and we only managed 13th?

Again, the point was about the game yesterday and people feeling they had to say it was a crap result. Can't bring themselves to be happy about it. It's quite sad.

Yes, it did - last season

Again this season we are 13th

I haven't seen anyone saying yesterday was a crap result, I've seen plenty say that it was a good result, from an average performance, against a less than average team 

When he gets us in the top two he can start with the that's-shut-a-few-people-up comments. Until then get on with sorting the team out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peterms said:

If you listen to his interview, you will understand that he said we're in crisis in the same way that he also says we're boring and horrible to watch.  He is saying it ironically, as a way of suggesting his critics are wrong.  Again, it's in the context of saying that criticism of the style of play and the results is an example of "mass hysteria".

And who is getting upset about it?

Â