Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

If you listen to his interview, you will understand that he said we're in crisis in the same way that he also says we're boring and horrible to watch.  He is saying it ironically, as a way of suggesting his critics are wrong.  Again, it's in the context of saying that criticism of the style of play and the results is an example of "mass hysteria".

If that's the way you want to interpret it then it's up to you. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Yes, it did - last season

Again this season we are 13th

I haven't seen anyone saying yesterday was a crap result, I've seen plenty say that it was a good result, from an average performance, against a less than average team 

When he gets us in the top two he can start with the that's-shut-a-few-people-up comments. Until then get on with sorting the team out

I actually enjoyed our performance last night, am I weird or just used to the rubbish performances from before?!

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don't ever recall a manager sniping at the fans before and I've seen plenty, good, bad and indifferent. To me this indicates that either he knows he's on the way out,  so he's getting some digs in before he goes, or he's a pathetic self centred idiot. Or of course both!

Yes well he's never had to deal with the expectation and entitlement of some villa fans before. Every time he has a go back I think..'good on you steve'. 

Unfortunately it's the idiotic few that shout the loudest and thus appear to be speaking for the masses. Fans I actually speak to want him to stay. I hope he does and does well.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Can't believe how bent out of shape people are getting about him hoping to have a week without mass hysteria :crylaugh: Is he not allowed a right of reply? Is this a forum of 8 year old girls? 

I was thinking 10 year old pre pubescent boys...but no, I think you're right :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can't believe how bent out of shape people are getting about him hoping to have a week without mass hysteria :crylaugh: Is he not allowed a right of reply? Is this a forum of 8 year old girls? 

Perhaps fan forums aren't for you?

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Unfortunately it's the idiotic few that shout the loudest and thus appear to be speaking for the masses. Fans I actually speak to want him to stay. I hope he does and does well.

This is it.

Just because there is a collective in here fully paid up members of the "I want the manager sacked because it has always worked so well for us before even though there isn't  anybody decent to replace him with let's sack him anyway" club doesn't mean it's unanimous.

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Most fans I speak to would support anyone who delivers points. I don't know any who doesn't hope he will do well. The fact that so far he hasn't done well is done to him, not the fans

There is plenty on here who are hoping for poor performances so he'll get the sack. Again, thats just on here, not in the real world :)

Edited by RimmyJimmer

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is it.

Just because there is a collective in here fully paid up members of the "I want the manager sacked because it has always worked so well for us before even though there isn't  anybody decent to replace him with let's sack him anyway" club doesn't mean it's unanimous.

It's the same on radio phone ins. They actively encourage the mouthy, opinionated idiots to stir up more reaction. Sacking bruce is far, far from unanimous. 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is it.

Yes, let's all agree, Steve Bruce is the best possible manager we could have, and there is no-one, no-one across world football who could do a better job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's a tiny minority of villa fans who do that, is it worth a response in the national media after we have won a game?

All it does is encourage more of the same next time we lose. And then what? The next win he can come back at them? And we go round in circles in the press.

It was a good win and the perfect opportunity to be honest and try and build bridges. Unfortunately Bruce, since the start of the season, has been a bit of an idiot with the words he's decided to use in the press. 

IMO he's just not a very likeable guy. 

That's fair enough, FWIW I would have liked him to do the same also, but if he does give a little back then maybe the ball's in the fans court and possibly now we all have to reassess the relationship. He needs another win and soon, get that and we can all start to look forwards positively. 

Â