Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Do some research and look at Barnsleys home results last season. The 3 promoted teams beat them but none of them by 3 goals. They didn't even have a shot on target first half and we were 2 up by the end of that. 

Do some research and discover that Barnsley have lost 19 players since last season.

• Like 1

Just now, dappadan said:

Yeah and still turned Forest, derby and Sunderland over in their last 3 home games scoring 8 in the process

Yes, their manager has done fantastically well,  having his squad ripped apart and having to build three teams in a year.

Well done him.  I guess any manager would be proud to deliver results like that in those circumstances.

I wonder what he could do with a well resourced club with a strong squad.  Probably deliver some good football and good results.

• Like 1

Brucey really needs to understand that we just want to see us do well. Theres no point getting on the fans backs, rather prove your point on the pitch like today.

However if he thinks we've turned some sort of corner then he couldnt be more wrong, we should be on 16 points now and he's still in the bottom half. We need to win every game this month just to catch up for his failings, he needs to understand this before criticizing fans.  Winning a game every 4th attempt will not take us up

• Like 3

Bruce got  a bit of luck today. Adomah 1st was a keeper error and they had half a dozen dangerous balls across the box when they were bossing position then we hit them on the break and got the 2nd. This is the football I expected from Bruce. Not good to watch but effective. What we've had is negative dross with nothing to show. I'm sure we call put up with the crap football if we get the results but Bruce dies himself no favours. He's constantly sniping at fans now. He's underachieving at the minute how about showing some humility? I don't mind him coming out fighting but it seems it's only the criticism has sparked him into life!! One win means nothing. We needed 14 in September to make it a good month. We are still on target but can't afford any slip ups but before he has a go at the fans get 4 more wins and get us in the promotion mix then bang on about it. 

One thing did concern me watching tonight's game especially in the first half. Villa still give possession away an awful lot. Now you'll get away with that against mediocre teams like a Barnsley but against the better teams even in the Championship you will eventually come a cropper doing it. It must drive JT mad watching his teamates doing that when he's used to players around him being much more careful when they pass.

Bruce must get another coach in who will teach the players to be less panicked when pressurised on the ball. Someone like Phelan perhaps who he has worked with before?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dappadan said:

The point is people go to extremes. Apparently Barnsley are shit and teams should smash them. Very rarely are these viewpoints backed up by actual facts and just seem borne out of pure emotion. 

Also just because he has done well at that club doesn't mean he could handle more resources and the expectations of a bigger club. Leagues are littered with managers who do well but are not able to make that step up

Well, the facts are that his team has been torn apart, while ours has had (I believe) more spent on it than any other in the division.

It's not an argument that he should manage us.  Just trying to inject some facts and perspective into the discussion.

We won.  We should have won.  OK, good.  Let's not wet our knickers with delight just yet.

Really enjoyed the win and cheered each goal like mad. 

Come home to watch the highlights and interview and just can't be pleased for this stupid word removed

Why not accept it's been bad and that was a good result? Guys a **** rocket polisher. 

• Like 3

We really should win the next 3 league games. 

I'd love nothing more than for this arrogant, delusional dick to prove me wrong  

At the end of the day Steve Bruce is only short term. 

Not promoted and he's gone. Promoted and he will probably get a chance but no way he's villa manager long term in the premier.

Get us up and then **** off please. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The problem with "here" is that many people have already very vocally made their mind up so have to justify that to an extent.

It wasn't 1970 Brazil today but Villa were good value for it. 2 up at half time and many were still having a major dig but truth be known there was almost no threat on the Villa goal, zero shots on target.

A third goal at a good time and the game was pretty well under control.

The thing is, if a team was able to offer silky free flowing, free scoring well organised defensive displays they wouldn't be in the Championship in the first place. This is a Villa squad made up of Championship players.

There is nothing to justify - over the past 11 months results have spoken very vocally for themselves. 

• Like 2

Bruce is more about hope than optimism. Why can't he say something like "we were good today but can improve and will improve because that's what will take us up" instead of "let's hope we can continue this into the next game"? That is bollocks and really needs to change.

Talk like future champions instead of hoping we can make play offs FFS. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

There is nothing to justify - over the past 11 months results have spoken very vocally for themselves. 

We were not outstanding tonight and ahouldnt be fooled by the result. We beat a team that had lost 50% of its last 20 league games so always had a great chamce of winning that game. Let's see what happens in the next 3 or 4 games and then judge him.

1 hour ago, dappadan said:

The point is people go to extremes. Apparently Barnsley are shit and teams should smash them. Very rarely are these viewpoints backed up by actual facts and just seem borne out of pure emotion. 

Also just because he has done well at that club doesn't mean he could handle more resources and the expectations of a bigger club. Leagues are littered with managers who do well but are not able to make that step up

Steve Bruce for example...

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, dappadan said:

Do some research and look at Barnsleys home results last season. The 3 promoted teams beat them but none of them by 3 goals. They didn't even have a shot on target first half and we were 2 up by the end of that. 

The way we played that game was exactly how Newcastle got through last season. We absolutely shut that game down. 

Teams like us that have been through some awful years don't play like Brazil every week. 

I have to say 5 unbeaten in the league. 0 goals conceded in the last 3 and a noticeable improvement in effort and application especially against Boro where we were unlucky. 

If you are going to tell people to do research and reference last season then you need to do the same. Barnsley virtually have a new squad this season as so many of their players got picked off.

Nobody is expecting us to play like Brazil so I'm not sure why you need to point out the folly of such a stance.

As for your last paragraph I think that's an extremley positive way of looking at things. You could just as easily say we are no better than this time 12 months ago and still seemingly largely dependent upon the presence of Kodjia.

Â