Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Woah, hang on a minute... is that how time works?

Lol you know what I mean.

Basically he is already signed up until he is what, 32/33?

So why in gods name would we be even talking about an extension NOW?

Same thing happened last summer.

• Like 2

On 26/11/2018 at 10:42, OutByEaster? said:

Today's (sometimes unreliable) programme says it was his 82nd start with 17 substitute appearances. Sorry.

Has this changed despite Albert being out? Transfermarkt also has it down as his 100th appearance.

On 04/12/2018 at 16:57, TrentVilla said:

According to his brother he is absolutely loving life under Smith.

That's probably because he no longer has to play winger AND left back whenever we take a lead in a game! 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2018 at 20:04, MaVilla said:

Am I correct in my belief that his contact runs till mid 2019, but villa have the option of a 1 year extension to 2020 if we want it?

Great news, so when we get promoted we can let him go and on the off chance we end up stuck in the championship for one more season we can hang on to him. 

• 4 weeks later...

Was absolutely diabolical today. 

He's been diabolical all season and in fact all of his career here other than a purple patch of around 15 games last season. 

Has no pace, will not take a defender on, can't cross, shoots at the wrong time or wildly over/wide.

In short he doesn't do anything. 

One of the few good decisions we made was not giving him a new deal, just has the look a man happy to wind down his career and going through the motions.
Doesn't even work hard anymore, that combined with his total lack of output means he can **** right off.

Get Pulis back on the blower.

Edited by rodders0223

I like Albert, in the fact he comes across as a real genuine, nice, likeable fun chap who does little dances when he scores and seems to have a good relationship with his team mates and supporters alike... but...

He just isn't very good his he?! Rarely beats his man, not got any pace, his final ball his dodgy at best, he offers a little more protection than a Bolasie or an El Ghazi but that aside he should not be starting (m)any more games for Villa. 

For me, he had one major purple patch, where to his credit, he was knocking a fair few goals in, but even in this period I personally had my doubts about his overall contribution and his abilities as a footballer.

Now don't get me wrong, he's not let us down as such, but if we are to progress as a team I think there is no room for a player of his ilk.

• Like 1

Â