Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

On 06/12/2018 at 09:15, villa89 said:

Great news, so when we get promoted we can let him go and on the off chance we end up stuck in the championship for one more season we can hang on to him. 

So let's pretend you're Albert... you know that if we get promoted, likelihood is you ain't getting a new deal and you're pretty much out the door.  BUT if we stay down, then with FFP as it is you're likely to get a contract extension, even if it's just to continue acting as cover, at a club where he's settled and seems to like being. 🤔

I'm sure he wouldn't really let that effect his performances, but you've got to wonder if it's gone through his mind?

49 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'm sure he wouldn't really let that effect his performances, but you've got to wonder if it's gone through his mind?

To be honest i think he will be let go regardless of what division we are in. It would be madness to trigger the option to keep him for another year. 

Id prefer him at left back than hutton to be honest , premier leauge wingers convert to fullbacks in their 30’s, never in a million years did I expect to ever see Ashley Young as a left back!

16 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Id prefer him at left back than hutton to be honest , premier leauge wingers convert to fullbacks in their 30’s, never in a million years did I expect to ever see Ashley Young as a left back!

It tends to work when you are possession heavy and generally on the front foot (same as Delph). I'm guessing its less effective when you are in possibly the most competitive and physical league in Europe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

It tends to work when you are possession heavy and generally on the front foot (same as Delph). I'm guessing its less effective when you are in possibly the most competitive and physical league in Europe.

Also helps If you are actually  good at football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him try to run is painful. Probably the most inept performance I have seen in years. He is finished he shouldn't be starting but that is on Dean.

**** staggering he got a game today even without hindsight. He is done.  Stop **** playing him. 1 assist in abouy a year and no goals?

Adomah has been utter utter shit for a year. He had a great run last year but then he has been turd. Really awful. Doesn’t look interested as he knows he won’t be here come the summer and is orobabl6 going back to boro.

thanks for nothing Albert. Giving up, can’t wait to see te( back of you and that wasteman bolaise

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Adomah has been utter utter shit for a year. He had a great run last year but then he has been turd. Really awful. Doesn’t look interested as he knows he won’t be here come the summer and is orobabl6 going back to boro.

thanks for nothing Albert. Giving up, can’t wait to see te( back of you and that wasteman bolaise

I make you right - this may sound odd but even during his free scoring patch - he left me dissapointed many times tbh 

• Like 2

If drop him to reserves.woukdnt even include him in match day squad. Send some feelers out to other clubs that if you want him now take him.

I'd say in 3 years he had a good three month period then the rest he has been shut. If imagine Boro if they don't go up will take him back on a free come the summer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Time is up for Albert this summer I think.

I think so too. There's no sign of a contract for him, so I would think he's gone come the end of the year. I think it's the right time too.

With Kodjia looking for the exit and El Ghazi on loan it will leave us looking for options out wide in the summer - we'll have Green and Blackett-Taylor - not the options of a front runner.

For now, I'd expect Albert to start most of our remaining games unless Green does enough off the bench to impress.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think so too. There's no sign of a contract for him, so I would think he's gone come the end of the year. I think it's the right time too.

With Kodjia looking for the exit and El Ghazi on loan it will leave us looking for options out wide in the summer - we'll have Green and Blackett-Taylor - not the options of a front runner.

For now, I'd expect Albert to start most of our remaining games unless Green does enough off the bench to impress.

We have an option for another year I believe so no need for a new contract particularly but Injust don’t see us taking it up.

Agree on the rest but then I don’t particularly see Smith being that keen on traditional wingers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â