Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

So you think we play a forward thinking, attacking movement style?  If Albert’s brother is right.  Albert and I disagree with you.  I wonder how many think we sometimes play with too much of a “defense first” mindset.  How many think that mindset limits our offensive flow and movement?  

and you call that view hyperbole?   Interesting perspective.  

I'm not quite sure exactly what a "forward thinking, attacking movement style" is, but I do think we play on the front foot more than some people claim. Yes I do think we end up sitting too deep when we're put on the back foot at times, though.

However, all that aside, if you think I'm wrong to claim there is much hyperbole in this thread and elsewhere, you're deluded.

Our style has looked largely poor so far this season, but it seems that in complaining about that some fans go so far over the top that they apparently expect us to constantly be on the front foot, without expecting most players to put a defensive shift in (and if they do, then that means we're not being ambitious enough) and for us to be putting flowing moves together all the time, regardless of confidence and quality.

I also think that there's no way anyone associated with Albert should be making comments like those that have come out on a public forum. It hugely undermines our manager, whether you like him or not, which can have a detrimental effect more widely.

• Like 1

I think the manager has been remarkably patient with Albert.

This is like he has just had an off day......We haven't seen a performance for yonks.

He gets so easily relieved of the ball, its like taking candy from a baby.

This has been coming since last Feb.....He doesn't even remotely look like scoring like he did last season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm not quite sure exactly what a "forward thinking, attacking movement style" is, but I do think we play on the front foot more than some people claim. Yes I do think we end up sitting too deep when we're put on the back foot at times, though.

However, all that aside, if you think I'm wrong to claim there is much hyperbole in this thread and elsewhere, you're deluded.

Our style has looked largely poor so far this season, but it seems that in complaining about that some fans go so far over the top that they apparently expect us to constantly be on the front foot, without expecting most players to put a defensive shift in (and if they do, then that means we're not being ambitious enough) and for us to be putting flowing moves together all the time, regardless of confidence and quality.

I also think that there's no way anyone associated with Albert should be making comments like those that have come out on a public forum. It hugely undermines our manager, whether you like him or not, which can have a detrimental effect more widely.

For what it’s worth, I agree there’s hyperbole in nearly every thread here.  And there’s hyperbole (or just wrong thinking and inaccurate criticisms) in many Bruce out posts  But I also think there’s hyperbole on both sides of Steve Bruce discussion,   

He’s not a fool, he’s not ignorant.  But IMO he is not doing a very good job and being overly cautious in his match strategy is one of his failings.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

For what it’s worth, I agree there’s hyperbole in nearly every thread here.  And there’s hyperbole (or just wrong thinking and inaccurate criticisms) in many Bruce out posts  But I also think there’s hyperbole on both sides of Steve Bruce discussion,   

He’s not a fool, he’s not ignorant.  But IMO he is not doing a very good job and being overly cautious in his match strategy is one of his failings.  

We live in a binary world on here where you have to treat everything with adoration or pure contempt, didn't you get the memo? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair Elmo is keeping him out of his spot under current form and with our depth it is no big deal that a player spends a week out of this line-up altogether.

I would still rather of seen Elmo at RB, Tuanzebe at CB, Adomah start and Jedinak benched or omitted from the match-day squad.

On 01/09/2018 at 01:23, TRO said:

I think the manager has been remarkably patient with Albert.

This is like he has just had an off day......We haven't seen a performance for yonks.

He gets so easily relieved of the ball, its like taking candy from a baby.

This has been coming since last Feb.....He doesn't even remotely look like scoring like he did last season.

Not sure I'd say patient mate. I'm just  not so sure he rates him that highly.

Last season Adomah was dropped for Green, even though I've really seen anything from Green that leads me to think he is going to be a top level player. Adomah only got in because of Greens injury, and credit to Adomah he made himself undroppable with a wonderful first half of the season. Now this is where i slightly question Adomahs attitude, once he made the position his own his performances dropped off significantly, almost like he thought 'thats it, I've done enough'

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not sure I'd say patient mate. I'm just  not so sure he rates him that highly.

Last season Adomah was dropped for Green, even though I've really seen anything from Green that leads me to think he is going to be a top level player. Adomah only got in because of Greens injury, and credit to Adomah he made himself undroppable with a wonderful first half of the season. Now this is where i slightly question Adomahs attitude, once he made the position his own his performances dropped off significantly, almost like he thought 'thats it, I've done enough'

I think you are right.

although, i am starting to think, we do have a lot of players on our books that seem to lose form very easily.....they are too inconsistent to warrant lofty expectations imo.

Green and Albert have been tried time and again and not delivered.

but there are only so many players a manager can keep playing before the spotlight shines on him.....i think we are close to that stage.

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a bit weird that everyone has been absolutely slating Adomah's performances this season.

But then there's outrage when he's dropped.

I think it is going to work out more of 'how' he has been dropped, not 'why' in my guess.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you are right.

although, i am starting to think, we do have a lot of players on our books that seem to lose form very easily.....they are too inconsistent to warrant lofty expectations imo.

Green and Albert have been tried time and again and not delivered.

but there are only so many players a manager can keep playing before the spotlight shines on him.....i think we are close to that stage.

Quite possibly the case, but maybe we don't have a manager that can get the best/most out of his players?

Just a thought.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a bit weird that everyone has been absolutely slating Adomah's performances this season.

But then there's outrage when he's dropped.

Yep, Most of the past 30 pages or so are people saying he is crap and we should sell him, Bruce seems to agree and it's poor Albert, how dare Bruce want rid of him....

Â