Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure he is only in the team as Green is injured

Despite elmo being poor at elast he tries I see little effort from adomah. I'd rather see one of our youngsters get a go ahead of adomah. 

Start building for the future and don't play these players who don't care like adomah

Edited by Demitri_C

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Totally agree with you, from giving his all in our promotion push last season compared to now he is different and not for the better.

Gone come June.

Even then he wasn't exactly great - his goals were keeping him in the side, I felt at time he was plain ordinary - goals aside 👍🏻

• Like 1

He's not been the same player since his injury last season in February/March. Just looks like his legs have gone, he can't beat a man anymore which is making him largely ineffective. I think the only reason he's in the team is because he helps out defensively. Needs to leave in the summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am sure he is only in the team as Green is injured

When is green ever not injured?, would love to see green succeed at villa but I just don't see it, he is injured 90% of the time and he's only just in his 20s.

43 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

He's not been the same player since his injury last season in February/March. Just looks like his legs have gone, he can't beat a man anymore which is making him largely ineffective. I think the only reason he's in the team is because he helps out defensively. Needs to leave in the summer.

Agree. I've seen a few times where he's chased something he'd have easily made 12 months ago and he can't. Adapting to degrading body is hard... I don't think he'll be useful as a result. A shame, he seems like a great guy. 

• Like 2

On 04/02/2019 at 21:00, daggy_333 said:

Yet he keeps trying.

I think he is a real worry....its like playing with 10 men every game he is in.

He last scored against Wolves last season, but its not his goal scoring that overly concerns me, its his passive approach.

However, he was scoring for fun at one time, how can he go so easily from the sublime to the ridiculous?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he is a real worry....its like playing with 10 men every game he is in.

He last scored against Wolves last season, but its not his goal scoring that overly concerns me, its his passive approach.

However, he was scoring for fun at one time, how can he go so easily from the sublime to the ridiculous?

He was crap before he scored all those goals too.

Remember Paul Warhurst? A central defender who got put up front and scored a load. Steve Walsh too. Didn't make them good forwards, they just had a good spell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He was crap before he scored all those goals too.

Remember Paul Warhurst? A central defender who got put up front and scored a load. Steve Walsh too. Didn't make them good forwards, they just had a good spell.

Yeah, true......its the passengers that's killing us....The decent players are having to do too much.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah, true......its the passengers that's killing us....The decent players are having to do too much.

I agree. And as of the last few months how many decent players have their been...Abraham and McGinn only?

Mings obviously had a good debut, Chester has been injured, Elphick looked stronger with a partner like Mings. Kalinic is new and it's yet to be seen how good he is. Kodjia has blown hot and cold, but has definitely had an impact. Al Gazi is flattering to deceive big time at the moment.

But we have nothing else.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I agree. And as of the last few months how many decent players have their been...Abraham and McGinn only?

Mings obviously had a good debut, Chester has been injured, Elphick looked stronger with a partner like Mings. Kalinic is new and it's yet to be seen how good he is. Kodjia has blown hot and cold, but has definitely had an impact. Al Gazi is flattering to deceive big time at the moment.

But we have nothing else.

I think when we are in the market for new players.....character must be a major Priority.

• Elphick
  • Grealish
  • McGinn
  • Abraham

must be the examples of what we must aim for in terms of Character.

Adomah has always been a good worker but thats it. Was highlights on Sky of a Boro game few years back. Hassles the defender brilliant has a simple 5 yard pass to win the game and he fluffs it straight to only defender in a 3 on 1 break

Like Thor a good worker but horrible footballer

The guy has got cheesestrings for legs.

I think it should be written into all footballer's contracts that regardless of age, when their legs go, we should be legally allowed to take them round the back of the training complex and humanly put them out of their misery.

In my opinion of course.

• Haha 1

As much as I like Albert and appreciate how hard he works he just isn't good enough. I don't think he fits in to the way DS wants to play and for that reason I think he will be gone come the summer. 

Much like Jedi, Whelan, Elphick, etc he was brought in to get us back up in the first season or two but there is no long term plan that includes players like these guys. 

Â