Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Yep, Most of the past 30 pages or so are people saying he is crap and we should sell him, Bruce seems to agree and it's poor Albert, how dare Bruce want rid of him....

Yes we know the mighty Bruce can do no wrong. What a superb manager he really is! Etc etc.

But that is for the Bruce thread, right now it is a concern of the handling of Albert Adomah - shit form or not and there are ways of dealing with situations. I (like others) are questioning the handling of this one - if that is allowed of course.  :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, wilko154 said:

True... but there's a fair difference between people wanting him dropped to the bench for a few games to rediscover his form over bombing him off to a promotion rival for free to come back to haunt us later...

Not only this, but we were saying we could sell him (and keep Green as a backup) but as long as only loans were available, and with Green going on loan (which is quite good for all parties) we should keep Adomah as a backup. We can’t rely in Elmo to be honest, even though he scored this season but he’s very limited for a winger. Adomah is a much bettet choice.

I agree @srsmithusa I said exactly the same before the Sheff Utd game..

Bruce's shit man management and overall poor management of the club is on a downward spiral faster than ever.

But then again, we both maybe bordering stupidity coming to such conclusuons...

On 31/08/2018 at 22:15, London Villa said:

Shit man management? Are you for real? He's pulled the dressing room round 100% since he came in, resurrected Jack's career and brought in leaders like Chester and Terry. Whatever you think, the players respect him so your point is on the verge of stupidity. Sorry mate, you might not like him either as a person or for his success (or lack of) until now but to say his man management is shit is just utterly ridiculous.

Have a day off from yourself.

Maybe you need a day off from yourself too SR?.   :crylaugh:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 1

On 04/09/2018 at 11:25, Stevo985 said:

It's a bit weird that everyone has been absolutely slating Adomah's performances this season.

But then there's outrage when he's dropped.

He's been poor, but we still need him...on the bench, in the squad etc. Bruce first tried to bomb him out of the club, and when that failed he dropped him completely from the matchday squad that only had 1 attacker on the bench. Bolasie is still not up to speed so we only have 1 fit winger at the moment. Dropping him completely is just detrimental to the team.

Also it seems he's been dropped for petty reasons as opposed to being dropped because he's been poor for a while. He's been poor for almost half a season and wasn't dropped so it's not like Bruce has suddenly had an epiphany in that regard.

• Like 2

If he wants to get more out of him he could possibly try playing him in his proper position on the right.

No denying that he hasn't been too good lately, but he was never going to carry on the form where he scored all those goals. 

He played his best when Davis was in the team. i.e. with a striker who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

Right now he is either:
a) picking the ball up on the halfway line and expected to beat 5/6 players to make something happen, or
b) exhausted from making runs for Kodjia who 99% of the time doesn't pass, runs into a blind alley and loses the ball.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, poitier said:

If he wants to get more out of him he could possibly try playing him in his proper position on the right.

He's spent all of last season at LW and did just fine.

Edited by Stevo985

Wasn’t his friendship with Bolasie key to him signing for us ? Surely if Adomah thought Bruce’s tactics were too negative he’d have told Bolasie and as an attacking player trying to rebuild his reputation he’d have been less likely to sign for us ? 

• 3 weeks later...

He tracked back well at times today but didnt offer enough going forward. was a shock he started

In home games with his work rate I would start him at right back ahead of Elmo as an attacking threat.......yes I know we have 28 right backs on the books

15 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

His form last season was a complete fluke.

I don't know about so much as a fluke, but it was the exception rather than the rule. 

I don't understand all the harking back to that 2 months last season talking about him rediscovering his form.  He has found his form, what we have now if his norm. He was pretty awful before those goals and he's been awful since. 

It would be amazing if he went back be being good because that was exceptional. 

Â