Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I think, and have thought for ages, he's a poor player. But I'd play him over Wesley without question. Kodjia actually took the ball and ran at the goal today. Haven't seen Wesley do that once. 

The fact that we are having this discussion says a lot about how shit options we got up front. Absolutely mental. January can't come fast enough for AVFC. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

Just now, Dale said:

Start him. He closed down instantly and instinctively wants to be further up the pitch, pushing their back line back a little. 

Nb. This isn't a glowing endorsement. But Wesley doesn't seem to want to close or play further forward than half way. 

I'm sure lots of people were poised in the match thread ready to post 'he's only been on the pitch x minutes and he has already done more than Wesley' before eventually just smashing their keyboard to bits in annoyance at his failure to have any sort of impact on the game. (I didn't see the match thread, maybe someone did post that!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poitier said:

I'm sure lots of people were poised in the match thread ready to post 'he's only been on the pitch x minutes and he has already done more than Wesley' before eventually just smashing their keyboard to bits in annoyance at his failure to have any sort of impact on the game. (I didn't see the match thread, maybe someone did post that!)

He might as well have been Wesley out there. I wasn't checking the match thread either but I wouldn't be surprised if a few couldn't resist posting something like that.

After the way he has been treated I wouldent be suprised if he couldent be bothered.I mean he couldent even get a start while Wesley was NOT scoring goals so why shoul he put himself about now.Probably cant wait for January so that he can leave the club and get some games in.

10 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

After the way he has been treated I wouldent be suprised if he couldent be bothered.I mean he couldent even get a start while Wesley was NOT scoring goals so why shoul he put himself about now.Probably cant wait for January so that he can leave the club and get some games in.

After the way he was treated? Seriously? Why should he put himself about... um it’s his job that’s why. 

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kodjia has touched the ball 13 times this season, has made 10 passes and misplaced 6 of them. In his 43 minutes he also hasnt taken a shot

Yet I find myself wondering what his stats might look like had he played as much as Wesley... why I do that to myself is an altogether different issue :bang:

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's been put on while we were getting battered and/or chasing a game. Not a very fair assessment tbh.

Probably not but he was brought on in 2 games to see us out and his hold up play was non existent and cost us. Never mind his pathetic block on Mane

If Wesley did the same he be slaughtered as the worst person in history to ever kick a football 

Edited by Zatman

22 hours ago, vreitti said:

Yet I find myself wondering what his stats might look like had he played as much as Wesley... why I do that to myself is an altogether different issue :bang:

The thing is.....Its not a case of just being picked, ad lib.....It should be on the basis of what you do on the training ground.

for too long players have just walked back in to the side.....that should not happen and sends out the wrong messages.....THEY SHOULD HAVE TO FIGHT FOR THE SHIRT......The fight has gone guys, its evident in their play.

e.g Lansbury gets a call when all is just about lost or its a change for change sake.....these players should be looking over their shoulder and any slips in performance for a few games, someone should be chomping to get in.

The shirt should not have a pink bow ribbon around it given out as a treat......It should be a badge of Honour, only worn by true warriors of the game.

We have to change the culture guys and get these players fired up.

Edited by TRO

He’s a much, much better footballer than Wesley. I don’t think he’s great and I don’t actually think he’s 100% fit, but he does everything Wesley doesn’t. He’s unpredictable, he can hold the ball up, he’s decent in the air, he can shoot and he plays on the shoulder (which will help Grealish). But most importantly, he’s in and around the box when you need him. 

We desperately need a striker in Jan to stay up but there is absolutely no chance that Wes should be starting in front of this guy. I know it sounds harsh, but I never want to see Wesley in a Villa shirt again. He has no attributes whatsoever to make it at this level.

I thought he played quite well and was one of our better players in what despite the scoreline hasn't been that great of a performance, sometimes tried to do too much but that's just the way he plays. I'd seriously think about taking him off at half time, last thing we need is him getting another injury.

Â