Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

47 minutes ago, supermon said:

Wesley would be more effective off the bench , wouldn't right him off

It's 87th min...still waiting for this 'effect'

Kodj to start Sat please

Edit: well bugger me...nice finish, fair doos. Still kodj to start though

Edited by tomav84

Has to start because of a hat trick against an U18 side LOL, had Wesley been on the pitch as long he'd have scored at least as many. That said, not totally against Kodjia starting but the way some are talking about him is hilarious.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has to start because of a hat trick against an U18 side, had Wesley been on the pitch as long he'd have scored at least as many. That said, not totally against Kodjia starting but the way some are talking about him is hilarious.

I just think it's the right time to do something else.  I don't think Wes will lose anything by having a spell out of the team and when Kodjia is confident he can do a bit of magic from somewhere.  I'd have also had him take that penalty the other day, it's small things like that and a hattrick against poor opposition that can actually turn out to be quite important for strikers.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has to start because of a hat trick against an U18 side LOL, had Wesley been on the pitch as long he'd have scored at least as many. That said, not totally against Kodjia starting but the way some are talking about him is hilarious.

Has to start because what we are doing isn't working. 

His movement and play is different to wesley and he can get goals. Is it really that hilarious a decision?

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has to start because of a hat trick against an U18 side, had Wesley been on the pitch as long he'd have scored at least as many. That said, not totally against Kodjia starting but the way some are talking about him is hilarious.

His effort, chasing down, movement, control, was all better than Wesley who was pedestrian for much of the 30 mins he was on. I actually disagree that Wes would've had that many...i just don't see it

We know from experience that kodj knows where the back of the net is. Hopefully he gets a chance to show it in the Prem

Just now, tomav84 said:

His effort, chasing down, movement, control, was all better than Wesley who was pedestrian for much of the 30 mins he was on. I actually disagree that Wes would've had that many...i just don't see it

He played 17 minutes, Wesley came on at 4-0 vs Liverpool C team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He played 17 minutes, Wesley came on at 4-0 vs Liverpool C team

Got the minute wrong OK 70th min...but still wanted him to prove that he was as good as kodj and he didn't for me. Don't get me wrong...he's not the answer to our prayers, we need a striker still, but we can't afford Wes to be anonymous in any of these games we have coming up...and I guarantee he will be in at least 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Im not against giving Kodjia a try but him and Davis are being built up by some as Lewandowski and Kane

No they are comparing what they give compared to wes.

Kodja goals but greedy davis unselfish battle who wins the ball and sets up others but useless infront of goal.

Wes appears to be a mix of both, the worst of each in 4 out of 5 games in the premier league so far.

What ever way you look at it we NEED a new forward in jan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im not against giving Kodjia a try but him and Davis are being built up by some as Lewandowski and Kane

They're really, really not...just making a case for him as he clearly owns a pair of scoring boots

And before you say it's only against their kids, only 5 of the starting 11 made debuts...therefore the other 6 have played first team football for the current European champions who are likely to win the league. Anyone could see today they were no mugs

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

They're really, really not...just making a case for him as he clearly owns a pair of scoring boots

And before you say it's only against their kids, only 5 of the starting 11 made debuts...therefore the other 6 have played first team football for the current European champions who are likely to win the league. Anyone could see today they were no mugs

I think only Elliott has played a league or euro game if any. Best players went out Qatar too

Davis doesn't score though

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

We know from experience that kodj knows where the back of the net is. Hopefully he gets a chance to show it in the Prem

I wouldn’t say Kodj had that much effort. At one point in first half, he was trying to win a pen, stayed on the floor for ages and then didn’t try to get back inside when we had possession back. 

Â