Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

He scored a hat trick. It's what he does. He scores goals.

If that's what you want, he's the guy we've got. Also a gifted footballer when he's switched on and yeah, he's entertaining as ****. Great dancer. 

Love the guy, warts and all.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

Kodjia may of scored a couple against kids, yeah a couple not a hatrick that one was conors (don't care what sky give) but he simply will not perform against the grown ups in teams.

He's lazy, he has the wrong attitude for our team.

I would much rather play Wesley because at least Wesley wants to become better, Kodjia just doesn't look interested when he plays first team footy. 

I don't know how long we have to go round in circles but he simply will not change back into the player he once was like people are wishing, if he were to he'd of done it a while ago. He spends to much time thinking Johnathon Kodjia (himself) to even care about the rest of the team on league days.

There's also the fact he won't track back and chase the ball if played on the wing or chase till its back in his grasp or other players, i wished he would. He's like a malfunctioning heat seeking missile, if he knows he has to seek and seek longer than expected, then he stops seeking and walks for as long as possible until the ball is in close proximity.

I do not support Kodjia one bit because he does not support his team mates, when the chips are down on him you can almost guarentee to lose your bet nowadays.

It's great he nabbed a couple, that however is all it's going to be as performance wise it won't translate to league games, sorry but it won't. The Liverpool game simply made Kodjia look like a goal scoring king and he's not, wake up will you, I wished he was and I'll eat my words if he can do it but I don't have the faith in him as some of you do.

Sale in January, we should of cashed in when that foreign club offered 9 million, we will never see that price again for him, that was a once in a lifetime chance to make something off of one of our old regime players who needs to be moved on. I would much rather have this Morelos from rangers. Roll on January, not to long now till we hopefully bring in some exciting, experienced and better quality players, lets hope we make the right moves.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

You know people are clutching at straws when they give him a hat trick despite scoring 2 goals :lol:  

He was great in his first season, what 4 years ago?  He really helped with some useful goals last season, but I'm sorry, he's not PL quality. 

He'll be gone come January and it won't matter anyway. 

He's always frustrated me, because as good as he is, he could have been so much better if he could lift his head up, or be more of a team player. 

I'd hate to play with him, you don't know what you're gonna get. 

• Like 2

I don’t rate Kodija but it’s clear Wesley is having a hard time of things. I’d say start Kodija and haul him off after 60 minutes or so if it’s clear he offers nothing against PL opponents.

Best case he surprises everyone and excels.
Worst case he quietens a few fans that seem to have turned on Smith for persisting with Wesley. 

I don't think he is the permanent answer to our goal scoring dilema but I feel its time and worth to inject some changes. Change can have a very positive effect. If only temporary it could help us get some momentum going. I'd like to think he would be up for it. As a minimum to at least put himself in the shop window 

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm going back to Benteke had scored 3 goals after 15 games and finished on 19 for the season. I don't think Wesley will match him but the social media posts about him are embarrassing. Get behind him FFS 

Great. We're back to this excuse again.

And for the 10th time. It isn't the goal scoring people find issues with. It's his failing to do the basics.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just in case you forgot when Benteke scored 2 against Liverpool after 17 games gone like were we're at we had scored 14 goals. Right now it's 23 scored 

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just in case you forgot when Benteke scored 2 against Liverpool after 17 games gone like were we're at we had scored 14 goals. Right now it's 23 scored 

I don't care about the goals. What frustrates me is his lack of ability and his failing to do the basics.

Leicester's 1st goal is a good example of that.

Wesley can't make a simple pass, he's a terrible target man, he doesn't make runs behind the defence, he's never in the box, he can't dribble, he isn't quick, he's a terrible header of the ball, he barely find himself into goal scoring opportunities which is a sign of poor movement.

At least with Benteke you could see what his strengths were and he for the most part did the basics quite well. Wesley doesn't really excel at anything.

Edited by villalad21

I saw enough in Benteke in that match on Monday than I've seen from Wesley almost of Wesley's time with us, and he did that almost purely in the second half(albeit his first half he was completely useless). I don't care if this is the hill to die on, there's still something in there within Benteke. He seems to be much more of a teamplayer now for one, and his holdup play is still there as ever. Quite similar to Keinan Davis actually I feel but better than Davis in most aspects.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He scored a hat trick. It's what he does. He scores goals.

If that's what you want, he's the guy we've got. Also a gifted footballer when he's switched on and yeah, he's entertaining as ****. Great dancer. 

Love the guy, warts and all.

Let's seem him score for us at a respectable level now.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He can make a simple pass. His passing is pretty good.

Yep, saying he can't make a simple pass is a **** pathetic load of dog shit for an opinion. Sure he has given the ball away at times, even cheaply but he certainly can make a simple pass and he's actually good at turning and switching the play quickly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

And for the 10th time. It isn't the goal scoring people find issues with. It's his failing to do the basics.

What is he failing to do?

He has good link up and hold up play when he receives the ball to his feet or close to him. His touch is a bit heavy but that is easily improved and to be honest I don't think has really hurt us. He plays good passes and works hard defensively. If it isn't score goals what else do you want him to do? Buy you a pint? 

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What is he failing to do?

For me it's more a case of what is it he does well. His hold-up play is pretty meh. He's soft. He doesn't do well at timing headers. He's slow, and almost never where he needs to be in the box. His touch is woeful. So bad it's hard to believe he's from Brazil. 

He plain and simple looks like CM put up in a striker position. 

I don't think Kodjia is the solution, but I am certain Wesley isn't ready. Yet. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Kodjia may of scored a couple against kids, yeah a couple not a hatrick that one was conors (don't care what sky give) but he simply will not perform against the grown ups in teams.

He's lazy, he has the wrong attitude for our team.

I would much rather play Wesley because at least Wesley wants to become better, Kodjia just doesn't look interested when he plays first team footy. 

I don't know how long we have to go round in circles but he simply will not change back into the player he once was like people are wishing, if he were to he'd of done it a while ago. He spends to much time thinking Johnathon Kodjia (himself) to even care about the rest of the team on league days.

There's also the fact he won't track back and chase the ball if played on the wing or chase till its back in his grasp or other players, i wished he would. He's like a malfunctioning heat seeking missile, if he knows he has to seek and seek longer than expected, then he stops seeking and walks for as long as possible until the ball is in close proximity.

I do not support Kodjia one bit because he does not support his team mates, when the chips are down on him you can almost guarentee to lose your bet nowadays.

It's great he nabbed a couple, that however is all it's going to be as performance wise it won't translate to league games, sorry but it won't. The Liverpool game simply made Kodjia look like a goal scoring king and he's not, wake up will you, I wished he was and I'll eat my words if he can do it but I don't have the faith in him as some of you do.

Sale in January, we should of cashed in when that foreign club offered 9 million, we will never see that price again for him, that was a once in a lifetime chance to make something off of one of our old regime players who needs to be moved on. I would much rather have this Morelos from rangers. Roll on January, not to long now till we hopefully bring in some exciting, experienced and better quality players, lets hope we make the right moves.

as you say.......

Kodjia has the talent and the technique to score goals ......but gets taken out too easily by first team players....He likes it when defenders " stand off " him.

easy opposition, Kodj is fine.

Â